Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Falling Trees  (Read 6635 times)

robinm

• View Profile
Falling Trees
« on: February 06, 2015, 09:17:37 PM »
Hi! I'm new. Been reading up on my dreams every now and then. I am totally floored by what I believe the interpretation to be of last nights dream. I do not dream much. Or don't remember my dreams much I should say.
I have 18 year old triplets. I am married for the third time. My son is in a relationship for the first time and it's very scary to see how emotionally dependent he is on this young lady. He will go to any extreme to see her. Lying and manipulating. This lead to a fight last night. Hurtful words. He told me he didn't want a relationship w me anymore. I was devastated, but remained calm. 
My kids are wonderful. They do not drink, party, etc. they are very involved in their youth group. My daughters have been ranked first and second in their class, my son, 16th. I have never experienced this hurt.
The trees seem to be symbolizing something I've built and a displacement? I do dream of my dog, that was 19 when I had to put him to sleep. He was also my "baby". He is in my dreams occasionally. The trees were falling. Not on us, but near us. They were big. Crushing. I woke up sad.  Scared.

Irina

Re: Falling Trees
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2015, 03:38:24 PM »

robinm

Falling fallen or crashing down tree: Sense of threat to your identity; this can often suggest a big change in the way you express yourself.

The tree depicts the living structure of yourself or another person. In particular it shows not only your past in the condition of its roots and trunk, but also what you have grown into and what your possibilities or potential are.  It is what has grown from the past into the present.
The roots depict your connection with the earth through food, air and water, as well as your psychological roots in family and culture. The trunk shows your body and what you have developed in your life, the main thrust of your expression. The branches are the different avenues you have explored and developed, your children, your relationships and ideas
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/tree-trees/

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
Robinm - Your children are only a part of you. As I said in something I wrote, “Sometimes we have the strangely naive attitude that this is a new being who has entered the world.  But what is there new in nature?  Can we say, if we plant an acorn, that the oak tree growing is new?  Well, yes.  The body and leaves of the tree will be unique.  But millions of years in the lives of other trees are involved in the growth of this particular oak.  It cannot, it hasn’t, simply emerged from itself. Whatever way we explain birth, the baby carries with it the influences of an immense number of men and women who lived, struggled, loved, in the past.

But boys are more expressive of their drive to become independent from you, although it is often achieved by them switching their dependence from you to another person. Girls are often more quiet, but if they are healthy will strive for their own independence.

I have lived a long life with four boys and a girl as my family. So I have experienced a complete cut off by all my children, which has changed into a wonderful family feeling. One son told me that I was a heap of shit and would never have anything it do with me. Fortunately I had remembered the awful things I had done to my mother, and saw it as him growing up. Now he rings me up regularly and talks with complete man to man feelings, and is so full of vigour.

Another friend whose daughter had nothing to do with him and totally cut off from him, was certain it was forever and was in great - unnecessary pain -  and I told him it was often a part of growing up. A few years later he phoned me to say his daughter was again a loving person for him

Many of us seem to forget how we became independent and the tricks we play. We often have to feel our parents are hateful or awful to get the courage to make break the tremendous emotional bond we had with mum. And mother’s and father’s should respect this and be patient. Letting them free means they are free to fly back to you as an adult, or training adult. :) That is what parent hood is about. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/individuation/

The trees may also be those around you that you see failing to live up to your own expectations. So do not put out fear to your children because they will feel they are not capable to face life.

Your children, even adventurous boys, are a blessing, so tell them or show them so.

Tony

ElizVanZee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »
Trees  are also used in dreams to represent knowledge (as in “the tree of knowledge”). The trees would not really be regarded as something you have built because Nature or God creates trees but seen rather as something that has grown to be important (big) in your mind as is certain knowledge. When a tree falls, it indicates a failing in some knowledge you have. The tree or the knowledge no longer “stands’, that is, it is no longer valid. Trees specifically refer to spiritual and psychological knowledge. [This might relate to your psychological knowledge of the changing relationship a young man develops in relation to his mother and a girl friend. You are finding his dependence upon a young lady scary  but his transference of emotional dependency from mother to another young lady is natural and a necessity if he is to become an independent male.]

The trees can also represent people you probably know or know of whose spiritual knowledge is no longer valid. This would seem “crushing” as their knowledge has come to appear very important to you. (trees were big).

Dreams of dogs usually focus upon your feelings of friendship and loyalty. [Your association with your pet dog that you had to put asleep could be quite significant as this alludes to a time when a friendship (as with a son) may by necessity have to be ended in its present form because the son (the pet) has gotten older.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2015, 09:48:08 AM »
You are still locked into the view of dream images being something outside of you. The tree of knowledge described in the Bible is the same. But the translators didn't understand that the Hebrew language was a sign language with each letter having a meaning, so Adam was not a singular word but p;ural when translated with understanding of the language.

We said in an earlier chapter that the word to “eat,” “achol,” had a double signification: to “consume” and to “consummate.” It means-both in a literal and a figurative sense-to take something into ourselves and make it part of ourselves, either for our substance or satisfaction, or for our completion or perfecting in some way. To quote from The Unknown God (http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/ain-soph-the-unknown-god/)

"We said also that the word “tree,” “etz,” denoted “substance” in general-both material and spiritual-especially organic substance, i.e., that which grows and develops. The “garden,” “gan,” we saw, was an enclosure, a sphere of activity in the realm of “time and space” into which Adam was put to work in his spiritual being. As for the “tree of knowledge of good and evil,” its very name tells us perfectly clearly what it is. It is the experience acquired in finding out for ourselves by the process o “trial and error” what is “good” and what is “evil.” When we have found out what “evil” is ; it is too late to undo the evil done in the process or to avoid the consequences.

While all the activities of “Adam” were directed by the Divine Will he could not go astray, or do wrong; but when he becomes conscious of having a Will of his own (in complete ignorance of his ignorance) he imagines his own Will to be as infallible as the Will that had hitherto guided him."

As for life and God - well of course you are alive so are an example of Life. Also as it clearly says in Genesis - 001:027 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God
        created he him; male and female created he them.

So you are the image if God and have the same potential. So it seems funny to talk about God being external to you.

Tony