Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Shape-Shifting Large Brown Owl  (Read 4052 times)

hallofgems

• View Profile
The Shape-Shifting Large Brown Owl
« on: February 09, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »
I was in the backyard of my childhood home facing the woods. A young man dressed in brown and black walked up the stone driveway to where I was standing. He looked upset, withdrawn. A colleague of mine (a wise friend from the university) walked up to us, went behind the young man and said, "He is having trouble flying." With that, my colleague lifted him from under the arms and the young man flew up and away as a massive brown and black owl. The owl then had no trouble flying deep into the woods. I watched until I couldn't hear his wings anymore. Then I continued to look out into the woods and became aware of the tree-house that my stepfather had built for us when I was eight years old. My stepfather (who died a year ago on) materialized looking the age that he was when my mother first dated him (I was five at that time). He and I spoke and were on "the same page" about my mother's hurtful behaviors, and most recently her behavior in latching on to one of my brothers (who became "boss" as my stepfather was dying). We talked about how that brother was "the golden child" my entire life and it was as if my stepfather and I realized that so much of what went wrong was because my mother was not well, he said that she needed blood work. We came to an understanding, we validated each other's experience as if a code had been cracked. Then, my stepfather wasn't there. I looked back into the woods. On the tree closest to the yard, sat the massive black and brown owl looking at me so calmly, steadfastly with understanding and a solid love. The owl's feathers on his wings were so beautiful and his eyes were so large and round. He was the size of a great big bear. He was like an owl bear. When he flew away, he flew west, and as he turned over the yard getting further away, I noticed that his left wing had holes in it, that it was damaged, and its feathers were crushed in places. Yet he flew high.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 04:07:04 PM by hallofgems »

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: The Shape-Shifting Large Brown Owl
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 04:34:20 PM »

Hall of Gems  :) Welcome. I like your name. I "googled" it and I liked what I found:

The  Hall of Gems exhibits an array of precious and ornamental stones—uncut, polished, and even a few set in elaborate pieces of jewelry—as well as organic materials such as coral and amber that are prized as gems.

Do you perceive your inner life that way? As in some parts are still uncut, some are polished and some
are elaborate pieces of jewelry?

I like to enter your dream and see what arises. I am still learning  :)

You are the owl and a wise part of you helped you enter your unconscious mind. All you needed was to be lift up a bit and then it was easy for you to find your way to your memories of your childhood home in your unconscious mind.

There is a great willingness in you to look at what happened there without judging it.

Once you had seen the tree-house, you became lucid in your dream. This means that you were able to look
at your childhood experiences without them being wrapped up in symbols; you cracked the dream code in your dream.  :)

Because of your looking at your mother and because of your coming to a point of understanding without blaming or judging, the owl transformed into "something" in between "you and your mother" and it left
you feeling a solid love, which cannot be damaged.

You were then able to fly high, for you have managed to rise above the damage you received in your childhood.

If there are things which you sense do not apply at all, then please accept that I was at these moments looking into a mirror you hold up for me.

Anna :-)