Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Namesake  (Read 5220 times)

pimuli

• View Profile
Namesake
« on: July 08, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »
I had a dream just now where I was in a church, giving some kind of recital, except I wasn't singing as much as sitting down on a chair, going deep into meditation. There were only a few people in the audience and when I was done, some of them didn't applaud. In the dream I had a coach and she was an older lady, a little bit rigid, and she was very firm and said to me that this was only a dress-rehearsal and that I would be fine. She pointed out the window at an amazing landscape of rolling hills and woods and mountains. I overheard an audience member tell someone that they'd found another "me" - my namesake - on the internet and that she was going to commission services of that person instead of me. I felt very defeated and betrayed and disappointed. Any suggestions for how to interpret these dream elements, anybody?

/Pia

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Namesake
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2011, 10:36:52 AM »
Pia – The church is the scene setter, and it has links with the non-physical life – the spirit. Then you meditate deeply so you enter into the spiritual. This suggests you are becoming aware of a new dimension of life, a wider experience in which you begin to sense the forces that are usually not apparent to most people.

In discovering the spiritual you become self centred and get lost in feelings of disappointment. The older wiser you points out the beauty you can live in. But you have to remember that the spiritual life is not something that your ego possesses. Like life itself it is given to you and flows through you but you can never own it. So it is better to see that, β€œHe who clings to himself a joy, Doth the winged life destroy. While he who kisses as it flies, Lives in eternities sunrise.” Blake

Tony