Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vitruvian Woman  (Read 7273 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Vitruvian Woman
« on: February 13, 2015, 07:59:27 AM »
I am in a place of white light and see a large three dimensional capsule (like a pill) in front of me.  It's surface  is grayish with white outline and form. I can also see through it.  In the middle of it are two round flat discs, as tall as the capsule itself, maybe 8 or 10 feet tall.  In the center of each disc is a tall grey human figure as tall as the disc itself.  The circle and the figure feel female.  What I see reminds me of Leonardo Da Vinci's sketch Virtruvian Man.  Each disk is spinning...sometimes in the same direction...sometimes in the opposite direction.  Each time the discs stop, the two standing figures lean forward out of their respective discs to kiss each other on the lips.

Immediately before the above dream, I was standing on the shore of a beach close to or in the waves of low tide.   In the dream I must have been a tiny person or a spec of sand as I was insanely low to the ground and the waves looked so low and slow.  On my right a large hand points a roll of tightly would paper in front of me.  The paper has black printing on it and is unwinding into a spiral.

Irina

Re: Vitruvian Woman
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 03:25:59 PM »
Christine

I saw a similar dream about three years ago, only in my dream  I saw Vitruvian Women
as myself, and energy were spinning with one in front and the other behind my body and they was spinning in different directions, from the front of my body energy spun clockwise and the rear part of the body energy spun  counter clockwise  and on my chest was painted a huge number 5. In my spine, I felt and heard the movement of energy up and down , up and down ...
At the time when I had this dream, I do not really understand the meaning of it. But now three years later I can see it more clearly.
I realized that this dream was for me some kind of a wake- up call. And then some kind of transformation began to occur to me . I wanted to understand why I'm here (on earth) and who I am.

◄ Matthew 7:7 ►
"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."
I'm not religious and never been."

And I began to ask about the guidance and it was given to me. During the period of 3 years and I still learning of course.

Your  dream or my dream indicate the following information about Vesica Pisces:
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vesica_puiscis

The Vesica Pisces represents the Pythagorean “measure of the fish” or mystical conjunction of the spiritual world with the physical world.

The Vesica Pisces is two circles overlapping one another each representing a spontaneous dimensional expansion out of its original state of the Oneness as represented by the original circle. As the observer observes (or becomes “aware” of itself through spontaneous dimensional expansion) a very significant event occurs that establishes the permanent arrow of time created by the polarity of the observer and the observed because one must always follow the other in a very definite sequence.

The Observer (God) always comes first, followed by the observed (Creation), and coincidentally, the two “O’s” in the Vesica Pisces are like overlapping initials “O.O.” standing for both the Observer and the Observed.

Time therefore always goes forward in this sequence of the “oneness” followed by the “twoness” (duality of the observer and observed) creating a universal polarity of space, all logical sequences, the thermodynamic arrow of time, and the universal order of creation itself. This is why time (the universal flow of energy) never goes backward, and why time is basically asymmetric and not always symmetric, and why the whole universe is always expanding and never contracting.

God was symbolized as a circle in the earliest cultures, having no beginning or end, eternally existing, perfectly shaped and absolutely symmetrical. The creation of a second circle symbolized the start of the duality of god and goddess, male and female.

There are various meanings ascribed the Vesica Pisces, which is basically the intersection of two, overlapping spheres; such as the union of heaven and Earth in the body of Christ, the root element of the Flower of Life, the merging of God and Goddess, the vagina of the female goddess, the first pattern at the basis of all trigonometric configurations, square roots and harmonica dimensions; a source of great power and vitality, and as an overlying template that intersects with all the points on the Tree of Life. http://scienceofwholeness.com/how-the-vesica-pisces-explains-creation-and-the-arrow-of-time/

The second part of your dream show  that You still have a huge number of options for continuing to growing your self.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 05:04:59 PM by Irina »

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 08:30:16 AM »
Irina,  Thank you for sharing your interpretation of your experience with similar images.  The number 5 has also come up for me in other dreams as well.  Recently some doors have closed for me and your interpretation, as well as Tony's, will hopefully help me move forward.  Christine

Irina

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 05:07:31 PM »
You are always welcome  :)

Christine

Hexagram Five
Uncertainty and change confront this issue. But this does not mean it leads to failure. Success is in sight with the right attitude.
Remaining purposeful without action, maintaining the support of others leads to brilliant success. It brings reward to resourcefully pass through the uncertainty and doubts confronting you.
http://dreamhawk.com/i-ching/hexagram-five/

The number 5 symbolizes the principles of multiplicity, progression and passion and signifies the need for change, variety and new growth. The number 5 relates to personal freedom, making positive choices and major life changes, transformation and transmutation.
http://sacredscribesangelnumbers.blogspot.com/2010/08/angel-numbers-number-sequences_9001.html?m=1

According to the Greek mathematician and philosopher Pythagoras, five was the number of man, because of the fivefold division of the body, and the ancient Greek division of the soul. According to Pythagoras, the five points of the pentagram each represent one of the five elements that make up man: fire, water, air, earth, and psyche. (energy, fluid, breath, matter, and mind; also liquid, gas, solid, plasma, and aethyr, or spirit) The Pythagoreans held the pentacle sacred to Hygeia, the Goddess of healing, whose name (HGIEiA) was an anagram in Greek for the elements water, earth, spirit, fire, and air.
http://symboldictionary.net/?p=1893

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 06:09:16 PM »

Christine  :)

I like to share something as well.

The Vitruvian man is about Leonardo's deep understanding of proportion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitruvian_Man
This image demonstrates the blend of art and science during the Renaissance and provides the perfect example of Leonardo's deep understanding of proportion.

Your first dream is about proportion as well; I re wrote the start of the dream in the present tense:

I am standing on the shore of a beach close to or in the waves of low tide.   In the dream I must be a tiny person or a spec of sand as I was insanely low to the ground and the waves looked so low and slow.  On my right a large hand points a roll of tightly would paper in front of me.  The paper has black printing on it and is unwinding into a spiral.

You wrote:
Recently some doors have closed for me and your interpretation, as well as Tony's, will hopefully help me move forward.

I have often perceived during the years which followed after some doors were closed that I lost trust and that all I wanted to do was to "spin my way through the whole situation" and "through the whole process" as fast as possible.
I have found it often very difficult to deal with this period of not knowing in which direction my life would evolve, and IF another door would open anyway.

I believe the first part of the dream shows that at this period of your life your growth needs time to unfold;
the (growing) waves looked low and slow.

Since I had always identified with "I am okay when I know what to do or where to go", these periods of not knowing also often left me feeling small; like a tiny person or a spec of sand.

Yet, it are these periods of my life which taught me as much as the periods in which I felt like a giant and the waves were fast and high.

Anna :-)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2015, 11:48:12 AM »
Irina - "The Vesica Pisces represents the Pythagorean “measure of the fish” or mystical conjunction of the spiritual world with the physical world."

I feel that we are not simply writing for the initiated but for all sort of readers, and what does it mean in ordinary language. I had similar feelings when writing my first book and was using words like spiritual, spirit, god, soul etc, so had to really define them. I'm still trying.

Tony

Irina

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2015, 04:07:52 PM »
There is an old symbol, much older than anyone can remember, beyond Christianity, beyond Rome, Greece and Mesopotamia. It is known as the Vesica Piscis symbol. Latin translation calls it the fish bladder. But don't be detoured by this name. Looking like two circles overlapping one another, it has been called the symbol of the 'fish' (because it is shaped like one where the circles overlap) or 'the eye of God,'
When the Vesica Piscis is viewed horizontally, however, the mandorla becomes a different sort of passage: the birth passage. The pointed oval is a universal symbol of the Divine Feminine, and in this context the Vesica Piscis is the vulva of the Goddess, surrounded by the crescents of the waxing and waning moon.
A medieval hymn calls Jesus "the little fish in the Virgin's fountain." The Christ child is often shown inside a mandorla, superimposed over Mary's womb.

Essentially the intersection of two, overlapping spheres, the Vesica Piscis (including the interior portion of it, and/or the more common two dimensional version) represents, among other things:

The joining of God and Goddess to create an offspring.

A symbol for Jesus Christ.

As such, it is also a doorway or portal between worlds, and symbolizes the intersection between the heaven and the material plane.

The shape of the Vesica Piscis is derived from the intersection of two circles, the Pythagorean "measure of the fish" that was a mystical symbol of the intersection of the world of the divine with the world of matter and the beginning of creation. To the Pythagoreans, the whole of creation was based on number, and by studying the properties of number, they believed one could achieve spiritual liberation. The Vesica Piscis was the symbol of the first manifestation, the dyad that gives birth to the entire manifest universe. Within the Vesica can be found the triangle, the tetrad, the square, the pentacle, and many more polygons, making the Vesica a true symbolic womb.
The shape of the Vesica Piscis is derived from the intersection of two circles, the Pythagorean "measure of the fish" that was a mystical symbol of the intersection of the world of the divine with the world of matter and the beginning of creation. The Vesica Piscis is used in a wide range of symbolism.

In the earliest traditions, the supreme being was represented by a sphere, the symbol of a being with no beginning and no end, continually existing, perfectly formed and profoundly symmetrical. The addition of a second sphere represented the expansion of unity into the duality of male and female, god and goddess. By overlapping, the two spheres, the god and goddess created a divine offspring. It also shows the integration of the male/female that Carl Jung has talked about and that is the path to the Individuation process.

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-archetype-of-the-self/
http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/i-dont-believe-in-god-i-know-god/
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-christ/
http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/talk-about-christ/
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/christ/
http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/meetings-with-the-christ/

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 07:22:46 PM by Irina »

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2015, 05:26:53 AM »
Thank you Irina, Tony and Anna.