Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Adolescent boys not complying with the rules  (Read 8031 times)

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
Adolescent boys not complying with the rules
« on: February 16, 2015, 04:59:35 PM »
In the dream I am a teacher. And I deal with 2 adolescent boys. I kind of tell them off because they don't comply to the expected behavior, they take strange postures together like rappers, postures that don't fit in with the school environment. One of the boy is my son's best friend Colin .A doctor comes in, he is the father of one of the boys and he doesn't think the behaviour of the boys  is a problem. He seems not to give it much importance at all. He seems to think that it is quite natural.

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Adolescent boys not complying with the rules
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 05:36:27 PM »

Jaquiemayotte  :)

I hope it is okay with you that I take a look at your dream.

What arose first was this:
http://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=3624.msg7637#msg7637
Re: Small crocodile in grandmother's closet.

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 01:49:25 PM »
But Vanessa - If I would really help you to understand your dream I would have to re-educate you.

I believe that sometimes re-education comes from the outside and sometimes it comes from the inside.

To me re-educating is like adjusting certain views to the "Zeitgeist".

I reckon the doctor is telling you that it will be a healing opportunity to adjust yourself to these boys, instead of asking living human beings to adjust their natural behaviour to a "school environment". (whatever that is?)

Anna :-)

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »
Anna, what is Zeigeist ?

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2015, 05:49:16 PM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist#Examples_of_zeitgeist_in_psychology
The Zeitgeist (spirit of the age or spirit of the time) is the intellectual fashion or dominant school of thought that typifies and influences the culture of a particular period in time.

:)

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2015, 11:32:44 AM »
 (I' ve read the book of Stanislav Grof  )
I find my dream is about learning,because anyway ,there is a healer inside each one of us . Learning is an internal cognitive and soul process. We are learning all the time..So I am in the process of learning something new and the energy is still non verbal. It is the playful quality, and  non verbal dancing challenging attitude of the 2 adolescents. It is a source of creativity  . But I am still afraid of it; I  need to let it emerge and allow its expression.

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 01:39:38 PM »

Jacquiemayotte  :)

I did not read Stanislov Grof, I can merely look at it from my own experience.
If nothing of this applies to your dream at all, then accept that I am merely looking into a mirror you hold up to me, so I can re-evaluate some of my own learning.

Meanwhile I will take your view "into me" and see where "It" takes me.

True, we are always learning, but we can learn in a direction which is helpful to us - which is where learning can be healing - and we can learn in a direction which is not helpful to us.

To me your dream expresses that learning into a direction while applying a fixed set of (school) rules is not helpful and letting go of these internalised rules will be more natural and healing.

True, there is a healer inside of us, but that does not automatically mean he can do his work.

I see a conflict between the role as a teacher who believes rules have to be obeyed (I wonder what inner rules or inner programming?) and the doctor who believes it is okay to let go of these rules and allow for a natural approach.

It is what I have often experienced; any rule - inner or outer - would not do justice to the Endless Creativity
Which can help us move beyond our inner blocks.

Perhaps we are saying the same thing while using different associations?

Anna :-)

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 05:19:28 PM »
:) Yes Anna , I feel    as well ,that we are saying the same thing  in using slightly different association.
I thank you  for your feedback  which was most helpful!

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 05:53:26 PM »
:)