Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream  (Read 5842 times)

Mernel

• View Profile
Dream
« on: February 20, 2015, 09:59:47 PM »
Hi. I dreamt I was friends with the famous motivional speaker Jim rohn and he was telling my friends family and prominent people in my life ex bosses ect. Why he was friends with me. He said something like when a wind of change comes most people see it as a reason to fear but Mernell sees positive little seeds that need planting. This all took place in the fields of the first school I ever went to, which was mixed with other fields from a school I lived opposite during my early teenage years. So then with all this positive feedback it seemed my life was going very well I was talking to this girl im attracted to and things were going well. Then this guy turned up who is kind of an enemy in real life. And he started trying to ruin my life. Take things away from me, the girl, my success. And he wouldn't stop. So I had no choice but to defend myself. I killed him but and he turned into some almonds on the floor. Then he came back to life. And no matter what I did he kept coming back trying to ruin my life. I kept killing him but he kept returning with the same objective, to take away the fruits of my success, money, success with women, popularity. I was very frustrated.

Then during the same sleep I had another dream. In real life im working towards a business goal. And I was talking to someone about it he was giving me relivant advice, saying make sure you have got everything tacked on (a northern expression) and have dotted the I's and crossed the T's ect. Then as I was speaking he stopped me and said that he had just seen his dead grandfather come from the words in my mouth. This actually woke me up from the dream and I wondered if my own dead grandfather was in the room to which I asked should I go ahead with this business? And scarily I heard a reply in my own head, in strange sounding monosyllabic words simply saying "Buy it." This scared me as I'm scared of these kind of things. I don't like to wake from a dream and feel frightened like that.
I wonder what you make of this? and the dreams of course. Thanks!!

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Dream
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 06:14:43 AM »

Mernel  :)

I like to take a look at your dream.
Please note that:
If some or nothing of what I see, applies to your dream, then please accept that I am merely looking into a mirror you hold up to me, so I can re-evaluate some of my own learning.

The first dream expresses the process which Tony described in the entry "Destroy  Destruction"
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/destroy-destruction/

We hold in us the seeds of our own destruction. Our body constantly dies, losing millions of cells, but it also has the seeds of Life, and so continues. Our attitudes to this may be shown in dreams where we see destruction.

In your dream a part of you - the motivational speaker - makes you aware of this process, whereby the "positive little seeds that needs planting" are symbolized by the "almonds on the floor".

I believe the first part of this dream takes place in the fields of the first school you went to and other fields from a school you lived opposite during your teenage years, because at these stages of your life, you naturally accepted the winds of change, with everything that is part of this (inner) change.

I wonder if at this stage of your life, the fear or loss has entered?
And I wonder who or what is Mernel beyond his success with women, money and being popular?

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/nut/

The association I have with almonds is the blossoming trees in Israel in January. You will have to find your own association.

I believe the second dream shows you that you have the potential to accept death as part of the inner process again, for you are talking about the birth of a new business and simultaneously a dead grandfather comes from the words in your mouth.

I wonder why, after you woke up, this was the first thought which arose:
I wondered if my own dead grandfather was in the room to which I asked should I go ahead with this business?

I trust that as with every new (business) deal you have your doubts and that is only natural.
It is my own experience that sometimes I skipped the process of going through my doubts, by deciding rather impulsively.
I wonder if that is what the "Buy it" voice inside you is about?

I do not know, and I trust that Tony can tell, if that voice is then merely the voice of an autonomous complex?

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/autonomous-complex/

Anna :-)

Mernel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2015, 01:27:38 AM »
thanks Anna. Do you have any thoughts Tony? If your not to busy of course. :)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2015, 11:08:33 AM »
Mernel - Perhaps, like the old saying, you can't see the wood because of all the trees. You perhaps are busy dotting the i's and crossing the t's that fail to see your life as a whole and your place in it. You learned important lessons while you were young - " when a wind of change comes most people see it as a reason to fear but Mernell sees positive little seeds that need planting."

Unfortunately when the sex drive of teenage hit you, you lost sight of that wonderful ability and it became all "the girl, my success". The guy who ruined it was your own creativity turned into a fight for success.

Perhaps a way of describing this is to say that if you could imagine that you are standing in an open space, and by some trick of technology an image of a house is built around you, with walls, furniture, windows, etc. If you can imagine that you discover in imagery that the doors are locked, then you are completely trapped. But you are trapped by nothing but what you take to be real.

Perhaps the central secret of this is that what happens in life and in our dreams is that what we do tend to see as real is created out of our own mind stuff. It is created out of our own emotions, our own fears and hopes. There is no way out of that unless we recognise the material it is made out of it is the energy of consciousness.

This is so like the ending scenes in the film Matrix, that I am sure whoever wrote the script had a profound awareness of this. The hero of Matrix breaks through the surface appearance of things and enters into the very programming of the apparent world around him. This is what happens when we wake up to what underlies all our experience whether as a physically external world, or as our own dream world.

The point is that whatever we believe we are; whatever we believe the world is; it becomes that because we create it out of our mind stuff. I am not suggesting that the external world is a figment of our imagination. What I am saying is that our feelings about it, our perception of it, are shaped by our own innate nature. Truly, the Buddhist search for Moksha, or freedom/liberation, does arise by recognising that all experiences are a play of consciousness.

Perhaps the central secret of this is that what happens in life and in our dreams is we tend to see as real what is created out of our own mind stuff. It is created out of our own emotions, our own fears and hopes. There is no way out of that unless we recognise the material it is made out of it is the energy of consciousness. In fact that is exactly what dreams are, apparently real surroundings, people and animals that we are in the middle of. Yet if we could recognise that, we could escape from any awful situation in our dreams – and in our mind, the whole structure of what you felt so real and an enemy would fall apart.

Tony
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 11:24:54 AM by Tony Crisp »