Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Frog and Tree  (Read 7372 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Frog and Tree
« on: March 03, 2015, 05:42:30 AM »
Falling asleep I hear the question "How much do you love me?"

In my dream I see myself walking at night.  I come across a black frog sitting prince like, but without a crown, in front of a tall black tree trunk.  Either I was very tiny or the frog was very big as the frog and I are both the same height.  The frog seems like he is guarding the tree.

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Frog and Tree
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 06:59:17 AM »
Christine  :)

I feel that the answer to that question is found in the way the symbols are presented in your dream;
the frog has no crown and the frog and you are both the same height:

Either I was very tiny or the frog was very big as the frog and I are both the same height.
So no matter how very tiny or how very big the power of transformation is at work in your unconscious, you are able to surrender to it, which shows "how much" you love "IT".

I wonder why it seems to you in the dream that the frog is guarding the tree?

In this context, I see the tree merely as the process of Life, which is behind the transformation and there is no need to guard "IT", because IT will take care of ITself.

Or does it refer to this perhaps?
http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/guarding-the-way-of-the-tree-of-life/

I wonder if and what you felt - neutral? - when you were walking at night and when you came across the frog?

Anna :-)

PS
If some or nothing of what I see applies to your dream, then please accept that I am merely looking into a mirror you hold up to me, so I can re-evaluate some of my own learning.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 07:08:45 AM by - anna - »

Irina

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2015, 02:37:41 PM »
Christine

The first association I have with your dream it's "The Princess and the Frog story or animation "
Tiana had a dream to start her own restaurant..........  Tiana and Naveen decide they are content to live together as frogs, and are wed by Mama Odie. Because of Tiana's new status as princess, their kiss restores them back to human form. The couple return to New Orleans to celebrate, and Tiana and Naveen buy and open the new restaurant.
So Tiana found a true love and realized her dream.

Probably your dream show that you will find your tiara ( Princess status)  and will realize your dream through transformation( frog)  :)

The frog is symbolic of:
Cleansing
Renewal, rebirth
Fertility, abundance
Transformation, metamorphosis
Life mysteries and ancient wisdom
Perhaps it indicates you need to “detoxify and take care of your health differently. Or it encourages you to release your emotions or carefully at how you spend your energy in relationship to others or some matters of concern in your life.

Cleansing might also mean that the frog spirit animal inspires you to renew your perspective or vision. If the frog shows up in your life as a spirit guide, it may encourage you to clear old opinions and beliefs to adopt a new stance or perspective.

The frog symbolizes the cycles of life, in particular the rebirth stage. Its own journey through life, from tadpole to the adult state, reminds us of the many cycles of transformation and rebirth in our lives.

Tiara - In general:
Sometimes it shows up as a symbol of consciousness and mind, the importance can be resolved only from the individual life circumstances. The tiara in a dream is also a recognition of the power of the female and shows the ability to use mental or intellectual ability to obtain a dominant position.

Tiara-Spiritually:
At the spiritual level is the tiara symbolizes the Queen of Heaven and through its circular shape represents the greater whole

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2015, 08:25:05 AM »
My initial reaction to the dream was a take on the tale of kissing a frog who then becomes a prince.  I am as tall as the frog and I know that you kiss a frog and it is still a frog.

Growing up...I felt my father loved me conditionally.  I had to tolerate a lot of abusive behavior that, had I had the choice, I would have said no to.  The naive, little girl in me who wanted to feel loved...thinking of I do x, then maybe he will change y...and I will feel loved.  But a frog is just a frog.  Expecting anything else is unrealistic.

Last night I dreamed of a man sitting at a desk and moving papers around.  He said "you are reading how much you are like your mother and how much you are not like her.  You are reparitive."

I am currently in a group of people working on a specific kind of therapy and skills.

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2015, 09:25:32 AM »
I am currently in a group of people working on a specific kind of therapy and skills.

Thank you for sharing, for it helps me understand why the frog dream came to you. It is a sign
of your Willingness to allow for Transformation.

Last night I dreamed of a man sitting at a desk and moving papers around.  He said "you are reading how much you are like your mother and how much you are not like her.  You are reparitive."

I see this dream as a help towards "how" you now enter the process of healing inside you.
I wonder if you used to identify too much with your mother?
If you had thoughts like: "my mother was not able to "allow for any repair", and so I cannot either.

The dream shows that you are letting go of this identification with your mother and with letting go you become aware that you CAN allow repair/healing.

Another wonderful step towards self love  :)
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/love-of-self/

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 04:23:04 AM »
Thank you Anna and yes, I did identify a lot with my mother.

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2015, 08:13:06 AM »

I returned to you in a slightly different form what was so obvious in the dream; I did not even have
to "decode" it.

I wonder if your inner world is becoming more clear to you, because of this dream not being wrapped
up in symbols anymore?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:19:17 AM by - anna - »