Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Snooze dreaming  (Read 5382 times)

miemoo

• View Profile
Snooze dreaming
« on: March 12, 2015, 10:39:03 PM »
Hi,
I have a question about my dreams in the morning. Sometimes in the mornings when I'm hitting 'snooze' on my alarm which goes off every ten minutes (I have trouble getting out of bed), I have this sensation that I am going in and out of the same dream exactly where I left it off. I am waking up fully and even sometimes lying there fully awake and thinking about my dream and then I fall back to sleep and seem to pick up the action and it continues on. Am I touching on a lucid dream experience here and perhaps could learn to enter into this experience with more awareness? 

miemoo

• View Profile
Re: Snooze dreaming
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:52:41 PM »
And I just want to add that I am somehow more troubled by these 'snooze' dreams....they seem to stick on me all day ruminating, whereas with other dreams I find it easier to come to peace with their meaning and let it go. I think this has something to do with my perception that they are more 'real' than other dreams, it's like I have to remind myself that they didn't really happen and I won't be suffering the consequences of the actions in the dream.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Snooze dreaming
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 10:12:29 AM »
Miemoo - Firstly you are mixing up your feeling about things that happen in the waking world with things that happen in dreams - the inner world. They are completely different worlds.

You say, "I have to remind myself that they didn't really happen." Of course they happened, but they happened within you and are important. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

Your snooze dreams are the end of a long process of dreaming, and come to a head as you are waking or near to it. The dream process is a way of showing you the things that are taking place in the politics of your attitudes and way of life. They are working on themes and will not disappear by thinking, "My god, thank goodness that was only a dream." Read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony