Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bat  (Read 5873 times)

Mikey22

• View Profile
Bat
« on: March 28, 2015, 12:26:27 PM »
Dreamt there was a sleeping bat.  People around me were telling me to kill the bat before it woke up, but I didn't want to.  The bat woke up, and I was afraid.  It began flying and I was chasing it trying to knock it out of the air.

ElizVanZee

• View Profile
Re: Bat
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 10:55:26 PM »
Any animal in your dream will represent an emotional aspect of yourself that will represent a particular kind of feeling depending on the type of animal. The bat often associates with a feeling of being "batty", that is feeling a bit crazy. As the bat is asleep, it would appear that this feeling is not actively being used at the moment. There seems to be a number of good reasons (represented by the people around you) for terminating immediately a feeling of being batty or any inclination to feel batty before the feeling becomes fully active and used by you. (people telling you to kill the bat)

Once this feeling has become active you end up pursuing it in order to knock it out of the air.  This would mean trying to prevent your own higher consciousness or intelligence from supporting this particular feeling.

This scene is very like the saying, "let sleeping dogs lie" which basically means if a feeling is not bothering you, let it be. Here it might be best to squelch the feeling before it gets a chance to bother you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2015, 11:58:24 AM »
Mikey22 - Looking at many people's dreams of a bat, they are all different, showing that the dreams are created by what the person associates with a bat. But you do not say what you were afraid the bat would do to you. It is your feeling of being afraid that created the dream of the bat, not the bat creating the fear.

It sounds as if you are meeting a new fear - a good thing because it has been brought to your attention and is ready to deal with. It is probably something you have in 'your head' that is worrying you - so you try knocking it out of the air. In dreams the air probably represents the invisible but felt social atmosphere within which we unconsciously exist and strive. When we talk about ‘clearing the atmosphere’ - or there being ‘something in the air’ this is precisely what dreams of air often refer to.
Try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/association-of-ideas-with-dreams/#Working

Bats in nature are harmless creatures, even the bloodsucking type, but films have created an aura of fear in connection with them, so do you fear something will get at you? As I say in http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing
what is there to be afraid of except your own feelings?

Here are some examples:

Example: I had a dream that I was playing tennis with a friend and suddenly a black bat attacked on my neck and bit me and when I look at the ground there are unfamiliar animals that are crawling there and a man is sweeping all of the tiny animals. I ran in the house and a tiny blue bird follows me and I close the door. In my dream my house don’t have roof and I let the bird fly in the sky and I look at the poor animals being swept outside the gate like a leaves fallen from the tree. They are alive and they can move but it seems like they are afraid of the man. Then I was running outside like I'm playing hide and seek with someone and I enter another house and my relatives are with me and I met a guy inside the house and we went in a room and from window I saw my kids playing outside.

As can be seen from the dream, the bite of the bat brings about an enlargement of her ability to see and appreciate things.

Then this boy started talking about somebody who raised bats in a cave around there in a little cave in his back yard. I was interested in this because we used to have a bat for a pet and so we started talking about this for a while, and he came back and sat beside me. We kept on talking and started talking about something very complex.

I am in a car and tiny blood sucking vampire bats are filling the car. I tell the woman driving, "Keep driving and turn on the light." I try to shoosh them out the broken windshield on the passenger side. I am sort of in the back seat. One little fuzzy bat grabs onto my hand and sucks blood. I feel nearly overcome by sleepiness. This is very dangerous, because if I fall asleep, it will suck me dry. I try desperately to stay awake and turn on the light.

Tony

Mikey22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 11:39:24 AM »
Thanks guys,
this one is still confusing to me as I have never dreamed of a bat before, and frankly I'm not really sure what it means to me.  I tend to like them because the eat insects in the outer world, so it was odd that I was afraid of it in the dream.  I will work with it some.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 09:17:06 AM »
Mikey22 - Feedback always helps. As Eliz hints, your advice from others, such as other people's opinions or your own rationalisations, tend to suggest killing out your own intuitions. Bats can 'see' in the dark because of their extraordinary senses (echolocation) and so can sense things you are not ordinarily aware of. But in dreams your intuition is aware and is trying to tell you something. Instead you knock it out of the air - your thoughts.

Tony