Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Sexual dreams disturbing... due to family involvement  (Read 6165 times)

SaraBee

• View Profile
Sexual dreams disturbing... due to family involvement
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:14:44 AM »
Hi Tony,

Ok, so along with dreaming about houses, the other idea/concept that keeps appearing is sexually based.  One recently that has me disturbed is where my younger sister is actually giving me oral sex - its very vivid, but creeps me out to think about it.  It wasn't like we were engaging for pleasure though, more like there was some other benefit to be had that was important for our safety or survival.  There were moments also where I seemed to be viewing what was happening not just from the 1st person, but also from her point of view and also like I was watching from above.

I'm quite disturbed by it.. can you help me see it in a different light?!  There is no intimacy between my husband and I at the moment due to chronic illness (neither of our libidos are firing) so whilst when I was in the dream it felt comforting, in my waking life I've no interest and feel rather perturbed!!

Thanx !!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Sexual dreams disturbing... due to family involvement
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 09:24:13 AM »
SaraBee – It is good to hear from you again.

In a long life of observing myself, and experiencing a lot of pain and a lot of laughs about sex, I see that occasional sexual release is vital – as you say, ‘important for our survival’.

What avoidance does is quite subtle, but very powerful. If handled with awareness it can be a way to pierce higher levels of awareness – but if not it can lead to neurosis. Think of Freud! So your dream was right in its warning.

The business with your younger sister is easily explainable. Considering that a dream image is a paste up of your feelings, and that you probably have subtle blockages about sex at the moment, it seems likely that it was the safest option to use your sister as a means of bringing balance to you – in other words avoiding neurotic symptoms.

You say that neither of our libidos are firing. Wrong; otherwise you would not have these dreams. One of the main functions of dreams are to bring the system of mind and body back to balance –self regulation. Sexual drive is largely physical. After all as far as our brain is concerned we are two thirds animal. The brain is split into three sections – the reptile brain, the mammalian brain and the human brain; and that is not counting the cellular brain or spinal brain. So we are only a quarter human. We sit on top of a long and ancient past. That is why there is so many breakdowns in our society – we fail to understand what we are and do not take care of our animal self. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/brain-levels-and-dreams/

You have in fact spelt out this situation perfectly for me in saying, “whilst when I was in the dream it felt comforting, in my waking life I've no interest and feel rather perturbed!!”

And there is the conflict between your whole self expressed in dreams, and the quarter self that you are aware of. So take it easy.

Tony

SaraBee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »
Wow!  Thanks Tony.  Its amazing how just the act of writing out a dream can help you process it.  As I typed it out, I got the distinct feeling the dream was about letting me safely experience something with my sister (especially since we've been through a lot together over the last few months/years) and that there was something sweet, nectar-like, about the act.

Fortunately, the drought was broken over the weekend (with my husband! ;) and it was surprising I think for both of us just how sporadic and suddenly 'in the mood' we both were at that time.  Thank goodness!

Thank you for your thoughts on this one.  I'm certainly continuing to be surprised at how much I continue to uncover about myself the more I awaken, the more there seems to be to awaken.  Fantastic! This learning thing is great! :)

Ta,
Sara

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:04:35 PM »
Thanks for that feedback.

It is never ending what we can discover about what and who we are.

Tony