Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Murder? Attic? small spaces?  (Read 3863 times)

duhdizzle

• View Profile
Murder? Attic? small spaces?
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:42:18 PM »
I just woke up.. now realizing I've had this dream more than once before except there are different scenes that didn't happen before. From what I remember:

A husband and wife had invited me to their house for a party I was in the body of a teenage girl observing. There was a man who disappeared and I followed him I didn't know where he went so I went exploring.. Came to a room of a woman cleaning a bloody mess. Ran to tell the husband and wife what I just witnessed but he was there conversing clean as can be. As they walked all their guests out, he seemed like he didn't want to leave but then the woman came out to leave thinking everyone was gone they end up finding what the man did and he had killed someone in that room but don't know who. The husband got into an altercation with the man they fought and fought. I ran to hide. (this is where the reoccurring dream scene I've had a few times before happens) I ran past the room the room was cleaning she went back and she was crying all I saw was blood, lots of blood. I kept running there was this room, just like any other but in the closet was a stairwell that led to another hidden room, I had to follow. I went up the stairs and found a crawl space something dragged me in its like I couldn't turn around but I didn't want to go any farther. I went through 4 different tiny doors having to squeeze my way through sideways army crawling.. then I fell into another room. It was dusty, there was a window you could see a parking lot ( i saw the husband and wife getting out of their car looking directly at me in the room lying on the floor like they knew it was there.. there were girls clothes ranging from baby up to teenage, doll houses. I felt a tap on my shoulder ( how in the hell can he make it up here that fast I thought it took me forever to get through those openings there must be a quicker way) I turned around startled, it was a little girl with a bow in her hair in a dress holding a toy. Didn't say one word to me just pointed to the window.. it was dark and gloomy raining outside I couldn't understand what she was trying to say and i turned around and saw more clothes  trying to be quiet I could hear them talking.. That man who killed someone was trying to save me I was stuck, trapped. The little girl finally talked. "they keep us here" and I woke up .

I have no idea what this could mean, if you could help me out maybe someone from up there is trying to send me a message? I don't know but i have this dream every once in a while but different things add up why i end there. Please try to help

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Murder? Attic? small spaces?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 09:14:23 AM »
Duhdizzle - You have opened up something very important to you. But it will take some explaining, and to save writing it out in length I will suggest links to read.

To dream something more than once means that your dream creator is trying to get you to deal with a problem that is holding up your growth. Although it is not generally accepted, growth is a tremendous instinctive force as powerful as the sex drive. When it is blocked as yours seems to be, if we stop holding it back we will emerge from childhood and our countless justifications. Your dream suggests that in fact a part of you has been hurt and held back from childhood.

The husband and wife represent your parents. We tend to disguise them as different people because often it would be painful for you to directly see/recognise their part in what follows in the dream. You were in the body of a teenage girl because again it was representing you as a teenager. Our core self, that creates our dreams, has memories of all of our ages, and presents them for a reason, for the little girl is you too. If you doubt this try being the teenage girl, the married couple and the little girl by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

The reason you were a teenager in your dream because, as the dream suggests, your experience of teenage years was a crucial time and was in some ways a bloody mess - or you confronted such pain. You tried to confront your parents but it all seemed so 'clean'.

R.D. Laing, who from his life history was himself a victim of 'parents' wrote, "From the moment of birth, ‘the baby is subjected to these forces of violence, called love, as its mother and father have been, and their parents and their parents before them. These forces are mainly concerned with destroying most of its potentialities. This enterprise is on the whole successful.’

Laing theorised that insanity could be understood as a reaction to the divided self. Instead of arising as a purely medical disease, schizophrenia was thus the result of wrestling with two identities: the identity defined for us by our families and our authentic identity, as we experience ourselves to be. When the two are fundamentally different, it triggers an internal fracturing of the self."

I don't see from your dream that you are 'fractured', but you must have come across the results of this damage in your life. You saw the bloody scene again and again and learnt to crawl away and hide.

A woman's dream shows this - The underground shelter was obviously meant to be a symbol for my unconscious mind which existed below the surface and had been so well camouflaged so that it could survive indefinitely without being discovered. My friends and relatives in the shelter were symbols too - of my symptoms and neuroses which could have survived the duration comfortably had not those barbarian shock troops discovered the underground hiding place. Those barbarian shock troops, I quickly realized, were symbols again - and very apt symbols. They had already forced my unconscious above ground, and were now asking me to round up those friends and relatives (symptoms and neuroses) that had escaped.

Your own dreams are the 'barbarian shock troops' who are revealing, slightly hidden by using images of other people, the damage done to you as a child.

You have been hiding this from yourself for years, but your dreams try to bring it to your attention again and again. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

The last part of the dream shows you - as the teenager - feeling the results of the 'bloody mess'. It left you almost denied of your wonderful potential of emotional freedom of expression, and you live in a world as a child hardly able to move. It is all summed up in the words, 'The little girl finally talked. "They keep us here."

Listen to that little girl because she is the key to a freedom you long for. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ 

Tony