Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fast travel, Voices without form.  (Read 5425 times)

Groock

• Mind, Art and the Sublime
    • View Profile
Fast travel, Voices without form.
« on: April 11, 2015, 09:12:27 AM »
Hi I am 21 and I am fascinated by dreams, I want you to know that this is not a joke and that my dreams are usually pretty erratic, but I had this dream about an hour ago so it is still really vivid in my mind, I also plan to make a video of it for my art project, but anyways here goes:

For the first part I was driving a truck (which i have never done) and then when a stopped for a break found that people were hiding underneath the trailer by clinging to the struts, there was three of them dressed as clowns, me and my truck driving partner got them arrested, then the partner started driving and i gave clinging to the bottom of the trailer a go. The truck was going really fast and i was loosing my grip i shouted to slow down but the partner didn't hear. The next part went in like 5x to 10x speed and a car keep pulling up close behind and the driver was beckoning to me to jump on, after a few attempts i got on then it drove for a bit, pulled over then the police turned up and arrested me, i was taken through court and all these procedures, all in a matter of seconds as this was all speeded up, then i was back home with friends smoking and having a party people came and went, i felt dizzy and wasted and then it was like there was a loud bang and there was a heroin needle in my arm and everything froze, the image of everyone faded out and i was left alone crying because of what i had done, i suddenly could hear a rattling in the next room, i started shouting f*ck you!  f*ck you! A few times, but when i stopped a voice in the next room kept saying f*ck you! Over and over, it was driving me insane, I also had a strong feeling it was a delusion, i ran around the house avoid the room because it terrified me, the sound was burning in my ears and got louder and louder and i just started screaming and woke up

I have never done heroin and I don't intend to, I can see its a clear theme in that part of the dream, but the most resonant bit with me is the 'voice' in the next room shouting as I know it is a voice without a body. Hope this was a good enough insight to work on.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Fast travel, Voices without form.
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2015, 10:25:52 AM »
Groock - Some of the imagery of your dream is not too clear to me, but I will write what I see about your dream.

Driving the truck - because all images in dreams represent feelings or memories we have and are not the image - often represents your body - the life vehicle you drive about in. It can also mean what you have been doing or working at in your activities.

The dream suggests you have been clowning about, fooling about with or in your activities. This is emphasised by you too clinging to the struts. The impression I get is that you have been doing things or feeling things that are causing some stress - or at least are a threat to your health if you continued. You felt that when you were losing your grip.

The driver that got close and beckoned could either be the influence of a friend who was trying to help, or the voice of your own core self. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/

You arrest was the result of your realising - not clearly - what you were doing and the danger to yourself and others. The court was like a quite look at your life when seen by yourself and others - you on public display.

This was the dream drug you had taken. A drug in dreams, whether the drug is tea, coffee, alcohol, the stronger ones, all mean a change of consciousness, a different way of seeing yourself or the world, a shift of your viewpoint.

Having a part can be you are involved in meaningless activity which led to dizziness. In dreams dizziness is about losing control. It can indicate losing your sense of balance, of relationship with others, and the world. Fear of falling into inner consciousness.

I think that you had in fact broken through the usual barriers of protection we usually surround ourselves with and began to meet your core self. We have to remember that having a personality with self awareness is a very new thing and has only existed for a short time. Before that we were like animals that lived only in the Life Will – what we usually call instincts. So the development of self awareness was an immense step, and left us very vulnerable, and still does. Having self awareness is a huge stress and many people cannot cope with it.

It is important to say that when you meet the experience of powerlessness through becoming aware of the hugeness of your Life, which we are usually unaware if, it feels like something alien or being attacked, and it is a shock.

The being without a body was your core self which is without form. It reflected back to you the attitude and the feelings you projected - "Fuck you!" It is the way our core self shows us who and what we are - a form of instruction.

If we find ourselves in that mystery, in the jungle where the essence of life pervades the various forms. From that place the viewpoint that we are nothing but a physical form, that we are a small cog in the wheels of life, that we must put up with what we have, seems ridiculous. From that place we look at ourselves and see what a fantastic piece of equipment our body and mind is. As a conscious person we are right in the middle of everything. To say, “Oh God, we are nothing but a piece of slime, a helpless pawn in the hands of destiny,” is ridiculous. We are the culmination of everything that has existed before. We are that growing tip, that exploring awareness, in touch with unimaginable potential. We are everything that can be. What can we do? See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/edgar-cayce-and-the-cosmic-mind-superminds/

Tony

Irina

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2015, 05:59:17 PM »
Groock  :)

I'm just curious to know, you wrote  that you want to make a video of it. Usually any video  or any art work carries a message that the creator of his/ her art project want to share with people.
What is your message in this case?
What  part of your dream you most inspired to make a video ?
What would you like to express through it?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 09:41:49 AM »
Thanks Irina - I would like to see the results of such a work Groock.

Tony

Groock

• Mind, Art and the Sublime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 11:49:13 PM »
Thanks so much for the input, I will have to return to this, I have been very busy and not been able to make the video, but I can tell you that I wanted to make it because I wanted people to experience something that came from my mind and a dream felt like an obvious way. I have made some work that links to this, but its not as direct as the video I had in mind at the time of writing this. The dream it's self also felt like a video, probably influenced by the films I watch I guess, so video felt like the right medium. Although I will have to get back to you on this as its late and I just wanted to say thanks for the great reply. Also my work usually doesn't carry a message as such, its more a window into another world that is usually quite open ended and open to interpretation.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2015, 10:16:41 AM »
Thanks Groock.

Tony