Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Road covered with floorboards  (Read 7135 times)

Dawn71

• View Profile
Road covered with floorboards
« on: April 22, 2015, 11:30:18 AM »
Hi,

This part of my dream was about a road with houses either side, residents were about and it was on a hill. The road was covered in flooring, all boarded and waxed shining and glossy. There were different types of flooring along the road in sections.
I asked passing residents why the road was floored was it because of low maintenance? The lady replied that no it was to keep the noise down(which kinda didn't make sense noise level of walking but that doesn't matter as it was the symbolism not logic).

I have been told by my guides that I am blocking my subconscious mind from entering into my conscious mind for a specific area of spiritual work we have embarked on. I find this very frustrating as I am leaving myself open and cannot fathom how my mind is doing this but the reason I mention this fact is I am feeling that the roads symbolism may be to do with what I've been told. (Especially as I work with sound specifically hence how I hear my guides not through thought alone, that's not the problem, it's the 'thoughts' alone arriving in my conscious mind that is)

It seems the mind has a mind of it's own  ;)

Many thanks
Dawn

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Road covered with floorboards
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 08:53:28 AM »
Dawn - Yes, the 'mind' has a mind of its own. In fact your mind, your personality with all its thoughts, feelings and intentions are all the result of the Life Process that keeps you alive and brought you into being. For instance where would you be if the LP stopped moving your body in breathing and digestion and all the other functions that you are probably completely unaware of?

The Life Process obviously has a mind of its own because it knows ever tiny part of your being - it created you! What it does is often not what you want to do or even be. The human personality – the You that you call yourself, with a name, is only a tiny thing. It is moved and tossed around by all manner of drives, ambitions, emotions, fears, temptations, worries, love and desire with its pains and hopes. Carl Jung adds to our understanding of this. “We should understand that dream symbols are for the most part manifestations of a psyche that is beyond the control of the conscious mind. Meaning and purposefulness are not the prerogatives of the mind; they operate in the whole of living nature."

Your dream shows that your everyday life - the road with ordinary houses each side - is your spiritual journey that is taking you higher. The woman who is your real inner guide and intuition corrects your feeling that what you perceive as a way to keep the maintenance of your inner life within what you felt would not cost you too much, and says that it is to keep the noise down.

I feel that the need to keep the noise down is about the mental noise inside you, as with the following - "I feel pain as I am dragged along and I hear loud banging noises which frighten me, but although they are loud they seem to come from inside my head."

But the dream as a whole shows you are on an upward path without huge obstacles. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/quick-and-the-dead/

Tony
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 09:44:27 AM by Tony Crisp »

Dawn71

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2015, 07:42:45 AM »
How complex we are. The mind being independent of what we see ourselves as. This is the first time I have ever really understood the mind and 'us'. I always believed the mind worked with us through our desires, fears, personalities and so on. I feel it will benefit my understanding of myself and other things grasping this. Thank-you for explaining.
So when it's said we have ego is it the independent mind more so that holds ego, I know we have ego generally but just thinking about the mind being independent and having it's own separate ego. If my conscious mind is blocking my subconscious rejecting what is received is it a case of it saying no not wanting what it see's as outside influences(subconscious) that function/work differently coming in. A control thing. An ego thing.

I may be talking nonsense but am curious, my mind has been wandering  ;)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 09:51:38 AM »
Dawn71 - It is difficult explain unless you come face to face with the enormous differences. For instance the culture you are born into has left you with feelings of right or wrong about such things as marriage, sex, religion, behaviour, also the way you think has probably arisen from things you have read or believed. But many of these things are often in disagreement with Life/God. That is why so many people are using antidepressants, alcohol and other drugs - they are not in harmony.

Please see http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program

Tony

Dawn71

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 10:14:57 AM »
Thanks Tony, I get it now.
Much appreciated  :)