Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aware yet not in control  (Read 5145 times)

pixiestick

• View Profile
Aware yet not in control
« on: July 22, 2011, 10:02:31 AM »
I woke up about an hour ago from an exhausting dream. It started off by me "waking up" and realizing that I couldn't move and every time I tried to utter out a word, the words just wouldn't form past my throat. After trying to move and scream for what seemed to be hours. I was almost to the point of tears. I tried calling out for my father thinking I was at his house. I heard my stepmother's voice coming from outside of my room. I eventually gave up on the effort. I looked around and then heard my roommates speaking from the living room. I thought "of course, I'm at home." I tried calling out for them. I managed to push through and jump up from the bed. All of my energy was gone at this point. I was stumbling, my legs seemed to not function properly. I open the door, and I immediately was back in bed. ( I did not walk back to bed. It was like a cut scene) At this point, all I wanted was a familiar face. I started crying out for my dad again. This time I could hear my own voice, but it was as though I knew it wasn't actually audible to anyone. I could hear it solely in my head. I see light come from my door. A midget probably no taller than 2.5 feet walks over to me. I tried to look away.I knew I was dreaming, but I couldn't change my surroundings, my movements, or wake up. He was so close to me. I remember every detail of his face. He began to vanish. I saw a child around the age of 10 run through my room by the foot of my bed with a red ribbon in his hand only to run into the hallway. Cut Scene. I was surrounded by a group of people. Each person was very unique. I didn't know any of them. There were chairs all around me. I was still in my bed. I looked around the room. One man was looking at me. I stared into his eyes. He spoke to me saying that I was in a coma. I had some sort of accident and was unconscious physically. I asked if I was going to live. A woman in the group said she wasn't sure. I thought to myself that this is what those people experience. It's as though their minds are still functioning. I wanted so desperately to wake up.  I tried to wake myself up by slapping myself. Hitting myself in the head. Nothing worked. The man spoke to me again saying that he would help guide me through this place and teach me how to avoid the dark that was there, even if he wanted me to do so myself. (alluding to the dark acts) He winked at me after he said this. I closed my eyes, and abruptly woke up. I could feel my body and knew I was finally awake.

I can't quite recall everything I saw. I know that for the most part these scenes were rotating. At one point I saw myself surrounded by the people, but no one said anything to me. I saw a lot of creepy things that I don't remember. I also tried opening the door at least one other time, only to wind up back in bed. I knew I was dreaming, but why couldn't I control ANY aspect of the dream?

pixiestick

• View Profile
Re: Aware yet not in control
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
p.s. the man told me that I was in my subconscious realm. It was almost like a group member initiation. It was very peculiar.

lukeandersen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 05:58:01 PM »
It seems like you were in a very detailed lucid dream. I have experienced something like it, not quite the same or as long but never the less like it. I awake from my dreams only to confront darkness, are my eyes still closed? Am i awake I asked myself. I realized I couldn't move what so ever I struggled and I had no energy within my body. This went on for maybe 1 min? It wasn't long like yours and had no visuals. I now sometimes reach that place, the last time I did It had about 5 colorful swirls dancing everywhere in the darkness.

pixiestick

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 08:09:20 AM »
interesting.. I just can't seem to understand it. It was so incredibly surreal. I wasn't trying to lucid dream. I was completely aware that I was dreaming though. My mind was definitely still awake. I'm not sure if it didn't dabble in the realms of astral projection. I seriously did not want to fall back asleep after that. I woke up at 3:00 am too, which was even weirder. I'm not sure what exactly was going on.

My phone made a noise while I was asleep then I guess it awakened my mind?

All you saw were swirling colors while dreaming? That's pretty interesting. Did you control any aspects of the swirling colors? were they distinct colors, or were they very vague combinations of patters of various colors?