Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Telling Myself I'm Dreaming?  (Read 4699 times)

kikiargos

• View Profile
Telling Myself I'm Dreaming?
« on: April 30, 2015, 05:23:15 PM »
Ha!
I normally call my husband every morning around 8:30 in the morning-as he goes to work very early and I am a late riser.
This morning I dreamt that I was calling him and the call didn't go through, so I dialed again. Again there was nothing, so I look at the phone and say, "what's wrong? why won't this call go through"? And a voice immediately says,"Because you're dreaming, stupid"!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Telling Myself I'm Dreaming?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2015, 08:41:08 AM »
Kikiargos - Well your inner voice could have said the same thing in a less critical voice  :).

But the problem is not that you are stupid but that you are mistaking your dream life as similar to your waking life. They are totally different. Nearly always when people dream about someone they know or a strange new person they automatically believe the dream is about that person. But when we think of our friend or partner our thoughts are not them – just our thoughts and feelings about them. In the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream.

Dreams are in no way similar to waking life, but are a wonderful mirror to all that you feel, fear or even hope for. In fact they are everything you can imagine and are so fluid and changeable just a shift in your feelings can change the whole dream. The mirror aspect of dreams is shown in the critical side of you.

So dreams are usually about your own inner life and its problems or triumphs. Your inner life is your thoughts, feelings, attitudes, fears and hopes. It is a very unique world that you live in and conditions the way you relate to the 'waking world'. Through it you live in hell or heaven.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:29:41 AM by Tony Crisp »