Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Man at Table  (Read 7427 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Man at Table
« on: May 05, 2015, 03:32:03 AM »
Tall grey man with a grey plaid button down collar shirt sitting at a table.  On his left is a dark loaf of bread...on the right large, dark pile of walnut? meat...or it could be a big pile of feces or worms from what it looks like.

I hear "In Framingham, 3 or 4 out of 100 people have this."

I wake up from my dream saying "walnuts."

I know this is particular to me...just wanted to get it down to revisit it later.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Man at Table
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2015, 10:31:25 AM »
Chris - I would take this dream seriously. The reason is that dreams often give health advice. We are all a mixture of many different life forms, bacteria, viruses, and other creatures that live in us. For instance cats carry a parasite that infects thousands of people fairly harmlessly. But your dream may be suggesting that you have something in you that while it is not life threatening is good to get rid of.

Your dream also gives a cure - walnuts. Natural foods are real life savers and are not fully understood as far as their actions are concerned. But her are some known properties of walnuts.

1. Cancer-Fighting Properties
Walnuts may help reduce not only the risk of prostate cancer, but breast cancer as well. In one study, mice that ate the human equivalent of 2.4 ounces of whole walnuts for 18 weeks had significantly smaller and slower-growing prostate tumors compared to the control group that consumed the same amount of fat but from other sources.

Overall the whole walnut diet reduced prostate cancer growth by 30 to 40 percent. According to another study on mice, the human equivalent of just two handfuls of walnuts a day cut breast cancer risk in half, and slowed tumor growth by 50 percent as well.1

2. Heart Health
Walnuts contain the amino acid l-arginine, which offers multiple vascular benefits to people with heart disease, or those who have increased risk for heart disease due to multiple cardiac risk factors.
If you struggle with herpes, you may want to avoid or limit walnuts, as high levels of arginine can deplete the amino acid lysine, which can trigger herpes recurrences.

Walnuts also contain the plant-based omega-3 fat alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which is anti-inflammatory and may prevent the formation of pathological blood clots. Research shows that people who eat a diet high in ALA are less likely to have a fatal heart attack and have a nearly 50 percent lower risk of sudden cardiac death.2

Eating just four walnuts a day has been shown to significantly raise blood levels of heart-healthy ALA,3 and walnut consumption supports healthful cholesterol levels.

Separate research showed that eating just one ounce of walnuts a day may decrease cardiovascular risk,4 and among those at high cardiovascular risk, increased frequency of nut consumption significantly lowers the risk of death.5

3. Rare and Powerful Antioxidants
Antioxidants are crucial to your health, as they are believed to help control how fast you age by combating free radicals, which are at the heart of age-related deterioration.

Walnuts contain several unique and powerful antioxidants that are available in only a few commonly eaten foods. This includes the quinone juglone, the tannin tellimagrandin, and the flavonol morin.6
Walnuts contain antioxidants that are so powerful at free-radical scavenging that researchers called them "remarkable,"7 and research has shown that walnut polyphenols may help prevent chemically-induced liver damage.8

In another study, researchers found that nuts, especially walnuts, have potent antioxidant powers. Walnut polyphenols had the best efficacy among the nuts tested and also the highest lipoprotein-bound antioxidant activity. The researchers concluded:9

"Nuts are high in polyphenol antioxidants which by binding to lipoproteins would inhibit oxidative processes that lead to atherosclerosis in vivo. In human supplementation studies nuts have been shown to improve the lipid profile, increase endothelial function and reduce inflammation, all without causing weight gain."

4. Weight Control
Adding healthful amounts of nuts such as walnuts to your diet can help you to maintain your ideal weight over time. In one review of 31 trials, those whose diets included extra nuts or nuts substituted for other foods lost about 1.4 extra pounds and half an inch from their waists.10 Eating walnuts is also associated with increased satiety after just three days.11

5. Improved Reproductive Health in Men
One of the lesser-known benefits of walnuts is their impact on male fertility. Among men who consume a Western-style diet, adding 75 grams (a bit over one-half cup) of walnuts daily significantly improved sperm quality, including vitality, motility, and morphology.12

6. Brain Health
Walnuts contain a number of neuroprotective compounds, including vitamin E, folate, melatonin, omega-3 fats, and antioxidants. Research shows walnut consumption may support brain health, including increasing inferential reasoning in young adults.13

One study also found that consuming high-antioxidant foods like walnuts "can decrease the enhanced vulnerability to oxidative stress that occurs in aging," "increase health span," and also "enhance cognitive and motor function in aging."14

7. Diabetes
The beneficial dietary fat in walnuts has been shown to improve metabolic parameters in people with type 2 diabetes. Overweight adults with type 2 diabetes who ate one-quarter cup of walnuts daily had significant reductions in fasting insulin levels compared to those who did not, and the benefit was achieved in the first three months.15

Why You Should Eat the Walnut Skin
The outermost layer of a shelled walnut – the whitish, flaky (or sometimes waxy) part – has a bitter flavor, but resist the urge to remove it. It's thought that up to 90 percent of the antioxidants in walnuts are found in the skin, making it one of the healthiest parts to consume.16 To increase the positive impacts on your health, look for nuts that are organic and raw, not irradiated or pasteurized.

Furthermore, be aware that walnuts are highly perishable and their healthful fats easily damaged. If you're purchasing shelled walnuts in bulk, avoid those that appear shriveled or smell rancid, or that you cannot verify are fresh. Walnuts should be stored in an airtight container in your refrigerator or freezer, whether they are shelled or unshelled. Walnuts are great as a quick snack, but if you're not a fan of their flavor, you can still get their therapeutic benefits by blending them into smoothies. Or you can try one of the other healthful nuts available.

You can further improve the quality of walnuts by soaking them in water overnight, which will tend to lower some of the enzyme inhibitors and phytic acid. After soaking, you can dehydrate them at low temperature of around 105 to 110 degrees Fahrenheit until they are crispy again, as they are far more palatable when they are crunchy.

Tony

IamClarity

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2015, 01:12:30 PM »
Hi Christine,

I have a few things I would like to add. 

The old man may well be the "wise old man," hence, giving more reason to pay special attention to the dream's message.

Bread, as you know, is about nurture of the body (among other things).  I am not sure if you normally eat a dark colored bread...  If not, you might want to consider why the wise old man is showing you a darkened colored loaf...  Might a dark loaf indicate that something was amiss for you in your regular diet?

Walnuts are indeed very good for us, as Tony indicated. 

Because you mention meat/worms, I will add that "black walnuts", more specifically, are one of the main ingredients used to rid one one's self of intestinal parasites (worms), which often come from meats.

And, not so many years ago, people were regularly treated for worms, each year.  However, with the advance of medical science and the development of the American Medical Association, at least here in the U.S., I think we have come to believe we no longer have such a problem - and, hence, have stopped treating humans to ward off parasitic infections. 

My bet though is that we indeed do continue to have a problem with intestinal parasites and it likely causes many ailments that send folks running back and forth to the doctors (who don't mind one bit, as it gives them job security). 

The Centers for Disease Control (CDC) supports my suspicion, listing roundworms (toxocariasis) as one of the top 5 neglected parasitic infections in the United States:  http://www.cdc.gov/parasites/npi/index.html

I am not sure where you reside, but I imagine we in the U.S. are not far different from other developed countries.

My offering for you to take or leave, as you wish.

Best,
Clarity

Irina

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2015, 02:12:17 PM »
Christine

" Fat-free " -  I do not know if that makes any sense to you. I received the message this
morning and I know it is connected with you.
Personally I'm not an expert on diet.

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2015, 07:29:37 AM »
Thank you everyone.  I will keep the fat free reference in mind.  The Framingham reference might relate to heart health and possibly the walnuts as well.  Lately I have been struggling off and on with lesions on my face,  Last night I had a dream I was walking on water to a large flat rock.  The rock was shiny black...like coal or charcoal.  On the surface of the rock was an empty George Foreman grill...which I do have.  I certainly have not been eating enough protein, organ meats lately.  Or maybe I need to detox with some charcoal supplements.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2015, 11:25:23 AM »
Chris - A great detox for parasites is Grapefruit Seed Extract.

Tony

IamClarity

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2015, 01:32:50 PM »
Hi Chris,

Just a note to say that I see now that my sharing was redundant, for I truly had not thoroughly read Tony's message to you before posting my own yesterday. For instance, while I saw that he spoke of walnuts and their health benefits, I did not see that he also made reference to parasites.  I do often try to ignore what another has written when I do offer something, as it helps me to know I was not influenced by the other person's message.  However, this does sometimes result in redundancy.

Best,
Clarity
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 06:24:36 PM by IamClarity »

Irina

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2015, 02:54:12 PM »
Christine

Used for centuries; charcoal has an extensive variety of different uses and applications, including both art and medicine.

Art may be characterized in terms of  expression, communication of emotion.

I believe that emotions usually need to be expressed. Ignoring or suppressing emotions won't make them go away. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2015, 10:29:34 AM »
Irina - A good one. Charcoal biscuits can be bought from most health food stores.

Tony