Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream interpretation please  (Read 5288 times)

Jacsta2015

• View Profile
Dream interpretation please
« on: May 09, 2015, 11:59:28 PM »
In my dream I  am aware that my significant other has killed someone and put their body in a red suitcase belonging to the victim. I am also aware in the dream that this is not the first time this has happened. (I must add my husband in real life my new husband is incredibly gentle and not at all able to have carried out the atrocities in my dream).
On the first occasion my partner? put the body in a case and carried it down into a subway station. He made me move the case several days later. He then went back and dismembered the body and told me how badly it smelled of decay. That was in the April. The next person (I do not remember why he needed to kill them, but it was their red case) he killed in the June. He once again took the case to the subway, but this time with our daughter(we don't have a daughter) and brought the case straight back home.
I told him that I had received a phonecall from a woman claiming that I had been seen with a case at the point where the first body had been found. I told her that it was some concrete that my partner needed to get rid of. After a few minutes she put down the phone, but I knew that I was under suspicion. I asked my partner(?) why he had brought the body back, to which he said that last time it smelled too bad so he thought he'd do it earlier. he hid it in the living room.
I went upstairs with our daughters(We do not have any) and tried to keep them upstairs, while I could hear graphic sounds from downstairs. When one of them tried to leave the room I told them a ghost story and faked hyperventilating to try and keep her their, but she left anyway. She discovered my partner(?) in the process of dismembering the body.

This is all so graphic and seemed so real. The man in the dream did not look like any man I know, but I was obviously aware at the time of the connection.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream interpretation please
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2015, 01:59:38 PM »
Jacsta - To make understandable what I am going to describe to you, I first need to explain a couple of things. To start with whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

Also a dream is a communication between what has no recognised form as far as our personality or reasoning mind is concerned. So to do this it uses images of people, things and animals, as well as scenes that we might understand if we explore what we associate with the dream images. For instance a man dreamt of a tarot card reader. But in understanding how dreams work the tarot card reader represent his own intuition, because that is what he associates with being psychic.

So nearly always when people dream about someone they know or a strange new person they automatically believe the dream is about that person. But when we think of our friend or partner our thoughts are not them - just our thoughts and feelings about them. In the world of dreams our most intimate fears and longings are given an exterior life of their own in the form of the people, objects and places of our dream.

So your partner is not actually him but an image used to mean something. To find out for yourself what he means and why he is such a killer you can use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson 

What I feel is that you have a history where partners have been anything but loving. They have killed you in some way. But killed in a dream does not mean that they have beaten you to death, but have in some way killed your feelings, your inner sensitivities in some way. Therefore your dream is using your partner to represent the feelings generated in the past that are now confronting you. If I am correct you will find in unguarded moments old feelings or suspicions getting in the way of your full ability to love.

Carrying the case down to the subway station in a dream shows that the paste events have been pushed down into forgetfulness. The daughter/s represent younger parts of you, and the woman who phoned you was a thought or intuition, and you had a slight feeling that you were under suspicion.

In dreams of course the suggestion is that you were involved in the killing of vulnerable part of your nature - the reason being that you have kept them buried in you for ages.

Have ever hyperventilated - if so it would be a sign of anxiety - a way of avoiding feeling or seeing what had been done. But a daring part of you, represented by your daughter, is actually realising what has been done. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/murder-murderer-murdered/

Tony
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 06:51:27 PM by Tony Crisp »

Jacsta2015

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2015, 03:01:20 PM »
Thank you Tony. It is true that I have just celebrated the 5 year anniversary of escaping from my previous husband who was convicted and imprisoned for GBH and threats to kill against me , so that could have triggered the dream. The most worrying element was my complicity in helping the man in my dream, but then again that could be self conscience judging me for not having been able to escape sooner.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 08:13:16 AM »
Dear Jacsta - Virtually every one I come across has buried inside them things they hide from.

When we were born we had to slowly adapt to the world outside us, and that meant slowly building our personality or ego. That is a long hard journey that many never ever achieve. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/individuation/

Also human self awareness is a very new thing on this earth and in life forms on this planet. It is vulnerable and is not yet built to really be aware of its past or it immense awareness. Jung says that our human awareness is like small spot of light on a large sphere. Outside the spot of light lies all that we are unaware of. It takes ego strength to become aware of what lies in the dark side.

That you are becoming aware shows you are developing the strength to see more. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/  which is a short description of the years it took to find the strength to see.

Tony