Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: On the Table  (Read 4369 times)

Christine

• View Profile
On the Table
« on: May 13, 2015, 03:03:56 PM »
A medium/large sized human penis on a table in front of me...the head at the right...no testicles.  It looks hard but soft.  It looks brown as does the table.

Next I am huddling with some golden clad (hair and clothing) women.  One says "there is a naked boy laying on the sidewalk, do you want him?"  Another says "He left."

Next I approach a tall dark man sitting at a table.  I give him my drivers license.  He says "Your name is Christine and yet you give me your brother's (identification card) identity."  He is furious.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: On the Table
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 10:09:02 AM »
Christine - A real humdinger of a dream, which touches on some difficulties probably due to your parents mishandling of your growing years.

The penis has obviously been castrated - but it has no testicles - showing that is has been made ineffective as far as male power is concerned. This has often been labelled as penis envy, but years ago while stumbling through the unconscious I saw that in fact it is men who often envy women. I found that this was not a new idea and a brilliant woman, Karen Horney, had already stated that, "Penis envy might occur occasionally in neurotic women, but stated that "womb envy" occurs just as much in men: Horney felt that men were envious of a woman's ability to bear children. The degree to which men are driven to success may be merely a substitute for the fact that they cannot carry, nurture and bear children. Horney also thought that men were envious of women because they fulfill their position in society by simply 'being', whereas men achieve their manhood according to their ability to provide and succeed."
So your dream seems to be a half way attempt to realise this by castrating and making ineffective the male aspect of you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/

The golden clad women are a representation of your own growing wisdom and certainty as a woman. They ask you whether you want a younger version - an undamaged version of your own male self. You have not yet claimed it.

But the end of the dream shows one of the hurdles you must cross - the unconscious identification with your brother. Perhaps recognising your own power as a woman in face of the terrible war that parents have sometime waged on female children may help you find a new way of identifying yourself.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 11:09:42 AM by Tony Crisp »

Christine

• View Profile
Re: On the Table
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 10:48:35 AM »
Your notes are immensely helpful and yes, humdinger is the word!