Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Not ready to perform that type of dance  (Read 5288 times)

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
Not ready to perform that type of dance
« on: May 24, 2015, 11:51:31 AM »
 I work as some kind of advicer in primary education.
I have to perform one or two dances. But I don't know the steps and I have to perform in front of some kind of public audience. It is an impossible task because I haven't got enough time to rehearse and remember  the steps. Personally I feel the dances are  of no real interest.I ask my colleague for advice . He agrees with me ,  the best for me is  to run away.Because the problem is that there is a certain amount of protocol in the event  :the wife of  president Hollande is  there for the event.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Not ready to perform that type of dance
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 08:41:52 AM »
Jacquie - Hi, good to see you here. I am wondering how you are doing in Mayotte, but perhaps your dream gives an indication.

Anna kindly pointed out another dream prior to this one: "In the dream I am a teacher. And I deal with 2 adolescent boys. I kind of tell them off because they don't comply with the expected behaviour; they take strange postures together like rappers, postures that don't fit in with the school environment. One of the boys is my son's best friend Colin. A doctor comes in, he is the father of one of the boys and he doesn't think the behaviour of the boys is a problem. He seems not to give it much importance at all. He seems to think that it is quite natural."

Your own comment on this dream at that time was, "I find my dream is about learning, because anyway, there is a healer inside each one of us. Learning is an internal cognitive and soul process. We are learning all the time. So I am in the process of learning something new and the energy is still non verbal. It is the playful quality, and non verbal dancing challenging attitude of the 2 adolescents. It is a source of creativity. But I am still afraid of it; I need to let it emerge and allow its expression."

The present dream seems to be a carry on of the past theme - strange dances.

I would love to know what your associations are with Holland, and the President. I guess it is something about "A source of creativity. But I am still afraid of it; I need to let it emerge and allow its expression."

But obviously you work in a situation that has strict rules of protocol and behaviour. So to quote Anna, "So perhaps "the right approach" is found on the razor's edge somewhere between "a certain amount of protocol" and "not caring about expected behaviour"?

But certainly open to your creative centre, because I have found that our wider self has a much wider base of experience that we usually have in our present memories. So it can give you a good mixture taking into account your work situation and your own creative needs.

I have now been informed by my knowledgeable informer that Hollande refers to France not Holland. Well all the more influence in your life - so go for it with strength.

Tony
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 08:56:37 AM by Tony Crisp »

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
Re: Not ready to perform that type of dance
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 05:31:11 PM »
I feel that it relates again with exposure which is something difficult for me. I was an unwanted child and I don't know my father.I wasn't brought up by my mother .A lot of my life I have hidden myself although I love being in the open and exist fully. I do have a strong need to exist. I live in a small island Petite Terre in Mayotte. It is a  natural environment although the French government is imposing rules which here are stupid to follow ( I work in education). .The traditional way of life of locals here has very little to do with European lifestyle.I tend to feel familiar with traditional rituals which connect with animism.