Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: reoccuring dream about murder  (Read 6915 times)

keiron

• View Profile
reoccuring dream about murder
« on: March 10, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »
Hey  I'm new here just registered to try and get some understanding of this dream I've had twice within a couple of weeks so here goes.

The dream starts out in a old area (housing estate) I used to live a real bad area, just normal at first hanging out with someone then all of a sudden it will change from just chilling to me in the process of murdering somebody who is a stranger to me, a guy with messy curly hair and beard both times,

The first dream I was throwing rocks,balls and other things until he died, I didn't try to hide the body I just left it in the middle of the street, then I just went about my normal business in the dream until I was caught by the police and woke up.

Now my second dream last night was more in depth I visited the guys apartment which was a mess, he lived alone and had no friends or family that I knew of in the dream, I befriended him and took him upto the big flat roof of the apartment block we lived in and I pushed him off and watched him fall head first into the ground and then continued to watch him bleed out and twitch until he didn't move anymore, then left him their and again went about my business.

My dream seemed to fast forward 24 hours and the guys body was still left their so I took somebody to the body and acted liked I'd stumbled upon the body and phoned the police,
the police arrived and did what they at to do but I wasn't caught this time, I went on in the dream this time to carry on living in the dream I moved to a apartment block opposite the guys apartment so I didn't have to live in the same block where I'd killed the man, I'd often go back into his apartment to just stand in their and look then go back to my apartment and stare across and his window to see him standing their just looking at me then I would lay down on my living room floor with my 5 year old son and just hold him scared while my front door continusly knocked a slow knock and then I woke up.

Sorry that was so long I just at to get it all out.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: reoccuring dream about murder
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 09:05:37 AM »
Keiron - It seems you had some impressive experiences while living in the old housing estate. That is what the estate represents - memories indelibly impressed on you during those years. You have taken in millions of bits of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences along with all the feelings or problems met by living in that area. They are what make you the person you are. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a place, a person or event.

Now in dreams murdering someone is quite different to waking life. Please see http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing which sets the scene for what follows.

Do you have any memory of someone who had a messy curly hair and beard - even slight resemblance? It is either a memory of someone who pissed you off, hurt you - or else is your own inner male who you are not on good terms with. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-animus-jungs-view-of-the-male-in-the-female/

Dreams often use the theme of murder to show how we have reacted to past hurts by killing. I had a dream if feeling guilty - not badly - of realising I had killed two people and put a massive concrete slab on top of them. When I removed the slab I realised it was my parents - who I now felt the hurt was gone, and buried them decently.

But it can be our sexual feelings, our own great potential or gifts we murder - we often murder the very best in us - we murder ourselves. That is the story dreams tell us.

The police represent your inner feelings of right and wrong and being faced with what you have done. You certainly had it in for the man/male. But it obviously is not doing you any good hiding it, for it is knocking on your door for recognition. So I suggest you sit quietly and imagine you get up and answer the door and watch what you feel and see. It might help to use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony

keiron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 10:32:18 AM »
Thanks for posting back you have gave me some great insight and I feel like I need to provide a bit of back story about my life to see if It can help in any way.

I'm 27 my mom left me, my brother and sister when we was children I was only 2 and I've never seen her since I was raised if you can call it that by my dad who was always in and in and out of prison and mental hospitals so I was often passed back and fourth to my dad's parents.

There was an occasion once when I was about 11 where my dad was so mentally unstable he tried to throw us off a balcony at the estate in my dream and the police at the intervene, could that be linked ?

About 12 months ago I cut off my remaining family, my dad and brothers and sisters and haven't spoken to any of them since, So the only family I have at the moment is my partner and our son.

The man in my dreams doesn't remind me or look like anybody I know, however I do have a problem with my own image at times and how I feel I look even though I'm a well kept man and try to take pride in my appearance

Would any of this information help in understanding my dream better thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 08:39:53 AM »
Keiron - Thank you so much for the information about your life and parents.

It is difficult to properly explain that the child you were can react to the events of your life with huge emotion; often a swing between murderous rage and an attempt to placate your parents. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/your-inner-child/

To be deserted so early in life cannot help but leave a deep impression in you that show in your dreams. Also there is a saying in the Bible that is much misunderstood - Ephesians 6:2 - Honour your father and mother.

How can you honour you parents who have given you so much grief and even physical harm? Well it is not really talking about your outer parents but the ones you carry inside of you. Our inner parents are made up of all the memories, feelings of being abandoned, the longing, often hidden, of wanting to be accepted and love for what you are, and the deep emotional pain a child feels.

Unfortunately all the feelings we have developed by judging our parents we carry within us. Whatever we judge them to be becomes our standard in judging ourselves - unless we have done much work of reprogramming oneself.

But as adults we develop layers of protection against this our inner child and parents, believing that it is impossible to remember being a baby.

But your murdering in the dream remembers. And the only way I know from personal experience is through something I call - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

Tony

keiron

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 02:14:53 AM »
Hey Tony and first I must apologise for not coming back here sooner, life has been up and down as of late,

Thanks again for taking the time to help me work these dreams out and i'll be sure to read through the articles you have provided.

Regards keiron

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 08:30:28 AM »
Keiron - please see the video on http://www.streetwisdom.org/about/

Tony