Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My child died  (Read 4814 times)

Tye

• View Profile
My child died
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:56:23 PM »
Please help me. I've had a very lucid dream.
My daughter and I were on a trip to Somerset and stopped on the way to watch a steam train in the distance but there was a sandy cliff. She took a step too far and started to slide down it and off the edge. I thought she would land softly but neither of us realised how high the cliff was and it was a while before I heard my daughter hit the floor below.
As you can imagine I was extremely distressed when I woke up and was sick. Please explain to me what this awful dream meant.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My child died
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 01:07:06 PM »
Tye – I wish you had told me how old your daughter is.

I have seen many dreams like this and have had the good fortune to help some people explore their dreams rather than interpret them. Here is an example of one.

Some death dreams may show the awakening of new life in the dreamer. For instance, Sue worked on a dream in which she was told her baby had died. She woke shaking with grief and tears. The dream and emotions appeared to show her becoming alive enough to feel the grief of her past pain as it connected with the death of her hopes, love, and ideals. She had suppressed her pain for so long. In now coming alive enough to feel her emotions, she was feeling at last that something had died in her.

So it may be that your daughter represents a young part of you that you feel a great loss about. Dreams are seldom about an the person we see in our dreams, but are a composite of what we feel about – in your case – your daughter.

Here is another example. It was told to me by Mo.

She says, "I gave birth to a little girl - Charlotte. I had mixed feelings about this. There was both uncertainty and excitement. I had a strong desire to tell someone about the birth, so telephoned my friend in Australia. She listened to my excitement in silence. I felt uneasy at this, then she said to me "I've lost Luke" (her son). He had died a week before. Then I woke with muddled feelings."
On considering her dream Mo felt the baby didn't have any obvious connection with a male figure. It was beautiful, healthy and sure of being loved and cherished by Mo. When asked who or what she had lost and mourned for she immediately felt strong emotions because she had ended a ten year long relationship with a male friend and lover. It was then clear the dream depicted what was happening in regard to this. Her love life and sexuality - the baby - were alive and born anew, even without her ex-lover. But her pleasure in this was dulled because a part of herself - the female friend - was still mourning the death of the relationship. This lessened her enjoyment and excitement about the new things emerging in her life. Nevertheless, having such a clear picture of herself helped her steer a more decisive course through her feelings of loss toward her sense of new birth.

But some dreams of death of our child can happen when the child shows the first signs of independence. And of all the death of child dreams I have seen there has never been a death of the child after the dream.

I suggest you find out for yourself what the fall of your daughter represent by seeing http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-in-your-dream/ 

Tony