Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: on old houses  (Read 4871 times)

Mystic Dreamer

• View Profile
on old houses
« on: June 07, 2015, 03:27:19 PM »
Hello Tony - and other members.  I am quite fascinated by all the insights here and am grateful for your time and energy on keeping up with this site and for keeping the information inside here. 

I am particularly being disturbed by a theme that recurs infrequently over my life, yet this is frequently enough to cause me to question why it exists - what am I trying to tell myself.  I guess I don't "get it" and so I need from time to time to go back over it and try to compare the commonalities.  I would appreciate a more objective insight by someone like you and the members. 

In these dreams, there is always a very very old house.  It is always in a state of abandonment but with all of the furnishings and originality there but aged, dusty and or not working due to nobody seems to live there.  I always find myself walking by and for unknown reasons suddenly inside.  In all cases, I am both the participant and the observer.  I both feel a familiarity a fascination with the old which draws me in, but also a feeling of that it is not really mine - this is the basic confusion I think - where I both feel it is mine from my past, and yet it is not and I do not know why I am there. 

The oldness is from varying era's from one dream to another - one time it was likely from the 15th or 16th century and more recently, the house was likely from a more Victorian age mixed with modern.  The time was night, the streetlights were burned out, the street was empty.  There was a male figure that came out of the shadows of the empty dirt floor garage area to greet me and together we went into the house from the garage.  The house had a dirt floor like it was the basement.  I went into the bathroom and saw that it was in great disrepair and tried to flush it but some water movement, but it would not flush and then a whole lot of water like a waterfalls came rushing from within the walls covering the walls which looked like they could be stone maybe - I next got into the bed because I was so tired - I just wanted to sleep.  I was awakened shortly by the male figure who was laying with me and seemed like he just had sex with my sleeping body - but I was observing and became aware of this.  Laughing at my attempts to make him stop, I rise to leave. 

As I looked up and saw the water, the dirt, and the neglect and at once felt also that the reason the house was remaining unoccupied was that it was also a haunted house - I fled but outside there was still darkness and nowhere and nothing in the streets of wherever I was.  And not knowing where to go except that I had to go. 

In the other dreams of old houses, I was the ghost and the person - the person observing the ghost and being scared of it - I was murdered in one of the houses. 

I n all cases of the old houses - they are abandoned, old, haunted, the plumbing doesn't work, and I am victimized in some way and there is a ghost which is usually actually me - and then I can't leave or I do leave and wake up. 

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: on old houses
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 09:27:47 AM »
Mystic Dreamer - WOW!! A great dream and full of amazing connections with your life. I will do my best to help you - hopefully - to understand.

The old house crops up in only a few dreams, but yours has murder and a ghost involved. And another clue is what you said, "I both feel a familiarity a fascination with the old which draws me in, but also a feeling of that it is not really mine - this is the basic confusion I think - where I both feel it is mine from my past, and yet it is not and I do not know why I am there."

To begin to help in understanding what I am about to say I will need you to read the links I suggest. To start with the 'you' that you associate as your full self is a very recent thing. You woke up as you in something that it millions of years old - or at least have connections with the very beginning of life on Earth - your body. The single celled creature you developed from in your mothers womb has an ancestral memory so much longer that the personality that you think of as you. This largely because in this present body you have a new brain and new memories - but the single cells, the seeds you grew from are so much older and have ancient memories. See http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program

I think that link will explain more fully your recent person and how it came about. But it might be worth while scrolling back to the beginning of the feature and read the whole thing.

So the old house is a representation of that ancient past, and a few of the many past dwellings the Life in you has experience of. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/seed/

So the murder may be about things done to others or to yourself. Here is an example of someone exploring the self beyond brain memory.

Example: The image I had of it was that we were walking in a big underground place. It was dimly lit as if we were now carrying some sort of light such as a flaming torch. From this we could see that the tomb was very old and slightly crumbled. Everything was dusty giving the impression of great age. And as we approached this tomb I could feel the sense that hidden within it was a great tragedy. I felt that if we opened this tomb we would come across, be witnesses to, a tragedy from the past. Even as I write this I feel again that sorrow and sadness one feels in such situations. It was and is very real.

Then I was living that tragedy. I can only say that I was/am that person whose tomb we had come across. I am a woman, and I am torn by emotions of immense loss. My body writhes with the pain of it. Again, as I write, I relive some of this. At the time my body twisted and I could hardly breathe. I cry out as this woman that I cannot bear any more. I cannot carry on with such misery. All my family are dead - why have I been left? With each loss, I tried to bear it, by feeling this was God’s will and therefore had some purpose. But not any more. This is too much. I want to die. Please let me die!

The emotional pain of this was extreme, and although I have described it in a few words, it went on for perhaps twenty minutes or more of racking sobs. I really knew that woman’s misery, not as an outsider, but as her. In fact I knew her then as myself in the past. Her life was one of my past dwelling places.

This was, and I still see it as, a most extraordinary experience. Even now the waves of what I experienced are still washing through me. I felt as I experienced this that I/she had died with that terrible loss still burning in her. That was why I, in my present life, needed to meet and heal her pain.

Gradually the sobbing reduced. This led into a changing situation. It was a very wonderful experience to meet and greet that woman. I could feel her becoming a part of my present self. This really was like resurrecting her from the dead. She was coming to life here and now in the present.

As this was happening I experienced myself as a face on the surface of a great and deep pool of consciousness, within which was an immense past full of experience. This was quite a stunning feeling - to have the sense of being able to be any part of that wonderful pool of experience. To know that I am just today’s face. I asked this woman what she brought into the present. She told me simply, “A woman’s love.” I was very moved by this.

Of course you are the ghost of your old past which is still haunting you - thus the many times you have the dream, for dreams are a half way house between the ancient being that you are and the small you that you personally have memory of. Your dreams are pushing for you to grow into a fuller realisation of who you are. Our present times are full of opportunity to do this.

If you want to dip under the surface of your present brain memory I suggest trying some of the things mentioned in http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/

Tony

Mystic Dreamer

• View Profile
Re: on old houses
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2015, 01:16:16 PM »
Thank you Tony!