Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My daughter is having a reocurring scary dream.  (Read 4419 times)

klaudine1063

• View Profile
My daughter is having a reocurring scary dream.
« on: June 08, 2015, 07:00:19 AM »
My daughter called tonight to talk about a reoccurring dream she keeps having. She says that she sees a black creature in the corner of her room that has eight legs and kind of looks like an octopus. It is floating on the side of her head or in the corner of her room and then moves. She said she knows that it is a dream because she can see it clearly with out her contacts.  She said that it floats around for awhile and then tries to land on her head. She said that she wakes up screaming. she has even ran out of her room and has had her room mates search her room for this creature. she never sees it when she is awake, she is scared of it

She has had this dream several times since she moved out of town. She thought she only had this dream in her new apartment, But she came home this weekend and she had the dream here in our home.

She has tried to look up the dream but so far hasn't found anything. So I am asking for your help.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My daughter is having a reocurring scary dream.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:57 AM »
Klaudine - It is important for your daughter to understand that dreams are completely different to waking life and she needs to know something about them. For instance whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear. So all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.
It is also important to realise that every image, every scary or terrifying thing, is taken place inside you, in your mind, as you sleep. This means that every awful animal, every scary thing or person, is created out of your own fears and must not be seen as outside you as happens in waking awareness. The problem is that we are often scared of or frightened of actually experiencing our emotions and so they confront us in our dreams. Avoiding them or controlling them is like running away from yourself – there is no escape.
The fact the dream is reoccurring is because the main reason for dreams is to help the dreamer meet and over come fears or trauma and move onto powerfully helpful dreams. The dark creature is about fears that she has been running away from and so keeping them unconscious. But such fears are simply information she is avoiding seeing or understanding.
There are a number of things that might help her. Try using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/ or http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Also it might help her to deal with fears by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/eight-step-method-to-manage-intense-emotion/

Tony