Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Christ awakening at a monastery  (Read 6494 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
Christ awakening at a monastery
« on: June 08, 2015, 09:23:26 PM »
Hi Tony, I had this dream last night and I understand some parts but not others and I would love to hear your insight on it.

My older brother and I were at a monastery and the monks were all excited because a big event was happening – Christ was awakening! They brought in this very old man that reminded me of a mummy but he was just very, very old and starting to come back to life as though he had just been asleep at the monastery for 2000 years. The monks laid him on a wooden bench and he was face down and his eyes started opening – starting to blink. He had long white hair and he looked Asian like the monks. I knew that in some places and times people live to be very old but I found this truly amazing. The monks then came to help him up and carried him to a place of renewal or revival of some sort and left my brother and I with this other ‘part’ of him.

I don’t really understand this second part well… The monks gave us this little mini wolf man creature that was also waking up and it had a gray fur coat that looked like a coat you wear rather than actually being its natural fur. It was like it was another part of Jesus that he needed and sensed it was something related to vitality perhaps and it was also coming to life and very unpredictable. My brother put it in a brown paper bag with some flowers and tall green grass to sort of contain it without harming in or being harmed by it. It was still so small but growing steadily. It was a very bizarre little creature and I found it rather amazing but also a bit frightening and I was glad my brother was managing its care by keeping it contained but cared for until we could return it to the monks.

The dream then shifted and I went to flush something down the toilet and I was in a barn that reminded me of a barn from my childhood only it had a very small bathroom with a low angled ceiling. I noticed the toilet was piled up with old waste and it was old fashioned with a lever-dump mechanism, so I grabbed onto a wooden support beam along the ceiling for leverage and started flushing all the waste away and it was going down more and more. Then I saw that my brother’s blue asthma inhaler was in with the waste and I wasn’t sure if he had mistakenly dropped it and also felt that it likely wouldn’t go down, so I was going to try to fish it out somehow. Then I was suddenly back with my brother with the little wolf creature still in the brown bag and safely contained for the monks. We were taking it to them but I’m not sure why.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Christ awakening at a monastery
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 09:37:11 AM »
DreamTime - I find your dream a wonderland of symbols, and also the way we tend to bring our beliefs and intuitions to life in our dreams.

This is illustrated by the first part of the dream, "My older brother and I were at a monastery and the monks were all excited because a big event was happening – Christ was awakening! They brought in this very old man that reminded me of a mummy but he was just very, very old and starting to come back to life as though he had just been asleep at the monastery for 2000 years."

It tells me that you have believed that Christ is a historical figure that happened 2000 years ago. But the hidden and miraculous power that caused you to grow, that heals and supports if you open to it, is also often shown as Christ in dreams or visions. But Christ in our dreams can be the Highest in us. It is the potential you hold within you that has not been allowed to flower. It is the very best of what you are, not some distant possibility that you have to get from outside yourself. See Meetings with Christ.

“Such a myth, however, consists of symbols that have not been invented consciously. They have happened. It was not the man Jesus who created the myth of the god-man. It existed for many centuries before his birth. He himself was seized by this symbolic idea, which, as St. Mark tells us, lifted him out of the narrow life of the Nazarene carpenter.” Quoted from Man and His Symbols by Carl Jung

But your dream carries on in its message that this wonderful awareness of the best in you, of another expansion of your awareness, is waking up in you. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/christ/

He was Asian because we associate the Asian mind with an ability to penetrate deeper into ourselves than the occidental mind.

The second part of the dream clearly shows you without all of the sense of a bearded old man, what is really happening in you inner self. You tend to feel that Jesus and Christ are one and the same, which is not so. Jesus attained to Christ awareness at baptism when the heavens opened and a dove descended onto Jesus' head - the initiation. As you are on the verge of doing yourself.

It I spelt out in your dream by being in the barn and before that. The wolf man is a remarkable symbol showing that you/we are all animals who have become human by being 'initiated' into it by language. To understand this please see http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program   

You have to care for the animal that you hold within to give birth to the potential of achieving Christ awareness. That is the real meaning of the birth of the human Christ in a stable with animals. But in those days it wasn't just a cow and large animals, they used to keep everything from chickens and goats too.

Then the flushing the toilet shows you that you have been harbouring rubbish such as ancient view of Christian teachings and materialistic views that you need to flush away.

You need to find out what your brother represents in your dream because he is an important figure - and also see what the Christ is as a power in you. Use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

If you persist with using that you will find out why the inhaler was thrown away. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/meetings-with-the-christ/ 

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:02:42 AM »
Dreamtime - Yes, words are really simply associations we make with sounds or symbols, and are never the real thing they indicate. But they are a very handy tool to communicate for us human beings.

There is so much to learn and so there is no end to it. But here are some more words -

Here is a quote from the teachings of Shirdi Baba. Then Sai Baba explained:

“Do not the scriptures declare that Brahma (God) is beyond the range of speech or mind? So the speech of the Guru is not Brahma or Knowledge. Then you admit that what the Guru says is not Knowledge but ignorance ?“ 
 “It seems so.” 
“Then the Guru’s instruction is simply a piece of ignorance used to remove the disciples ignorance, just as we use a thorn to remove another thorn from the foot, isn’t it?” 
“I suppose so.” 
“The disciple is a being whose essential nature is Knowledge, isn’t he?” 
“Yes.” 
 “Then there is no need to give him knowledge but simply to remove the veil of ignorance that hides the existent Knowledge. This, of course, is not to be done at one stroke, since the disciple is immersed in age-old ignorance and needs repeated instruction, perhaps through life after life.

Suzanne (Collision with the Infinite) Segal says, There is no one I could instruct to do something to make you the vastness. That’s already and always who you are. 
There is no end to all of this, just as there was no beginning. There are constant “bus hits,” as I now call them, in which the infinite expands yet again and again. The substance of the vastness is so directly perceivable to itself in every moment that the circuitry at times requires another adjustment phase to get used to more infinite awareness. When asked who I am, the only answer possible is: I am the infinite, the vastness that is the substance of all things. I am no one and everyone, nothing and everything—just as you are.

I suggest you read The Mountain Path - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/mountain-path/ Also perhaps http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself

It is long but explains things step by step.

Your dream is another step toward the Hugeness. Of course you feel confused for your whole inner world is being transformed, like massive earth changes and you cannot find a firm footing.

The bean crop indicates the many seeds or deeds you have planted and so they are now really growing as you are yourself. The huge alien craft represents something that has emerged from a dimension or level of yourself that is alien - not understood - to you. But it is coming into to your awareness and has landed and it is an invitation to go and see for yourself - you can use http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson which I mentioned last time. But dream images are like icons on ones computer screen, they are lifeless and meaningless unless you 'click' on them. And that takes something more than reading. You will need to practice using your inner faculties.

Tony

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 09:04:11 AM »
Perhaps this will help too - http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/ - Life’s Little Secrets

Perhaps they relate to magic beans that grow very fast and enable you to climb up them?

Tony
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 09:12:48 AM by Tony Crisp »