Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coconut tree  (Read 9428 times)

Atiqagul

• View Profile
Coconut tree
« on: June 10, 2015, 11:37:48 AM »
Dear Tony,
A couple of days back I had a dream which made me worried about my career plans. I saw that I am in a hotel that has a lush green lawn. In front of me are two coconut trees with a slight difference in height. Me and my friend/ colleague climb the shorter of the two trees. After reaching the top, I notice that a branch of the other tree is in my access so I decide to hold it in order to reach the top of the other tree, but unfortunately soon after holding its branch, I fell down on the ground. The first thing that came to my mind soon after falling was that I should have climbed the instead of using a short-cut.
Please interpret the dream for me.
thanks & regards,
Atiqa

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Coconut tree
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 09:26:08 AM »
Atiqa - A game of snakes and ladders. You fell down - the snake - but you can climb up the other tree - the ladder.

I wonder why you climbed the shorter tree. What feeling, doubts or ideas prompted you to take the way to the top taking the shorter tree? It is an important question, for your decisions arise from your feelings and thoughts, and the actions you take are how you create your future.

The dream shows that you were moved by things that led to failure. But a dream is just a dress rehearsal and you can learn from mistakes and go on to a good performance. You can do this by imagining climbing the tall tree, and notice feelings and follow any new parts of what happens. Here are some instructions - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Coconut Palm Tree is called the ‘Tree of Life’, ‘The tree from heaven which gives all that you desire’.

Tony

Atiqagul

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 10:43:26 AM »
Dear Tony,
thanks a lot for your response.
Well when I looked at the taller tree, I wished to climb it but was afraid that I wouldn't be successful. The decision regarding climbing the shorter tree first was based on the idea of testing my abilities, and the ultimate goal was to climb the taller tree once I am successful in climbing the shorter one. But out of excitement upon reaching the topic of shorter tree, I made a wrong decision of using a branch of taller tree for reaching its top. That is all too confusing. If you can throw some light on it.
thanks & regards,
Atiqa

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 08:59:34 AM »
Atiqa, dreams are usually a mirror showing you the state of you inner world of emotions, fear and doubt. So it showed you feeling afraid you wouldn't succeed and the feeling you made a wrong decision. But they are simply what you feel about yourself. But dear woman you have the power to change. You were led to believe that you had to have abilities that you do not have to succeed, so in the dream, which as I said is like a dress rehearsal - you failed.

How could you not fail carrying that load of feelings about who you are and what you are capable of? I was thrown out of school when I was fifteen, not knowing even my ABC. But fortunately I wasn't carrying a lot of rubbish about being incapable. So I just got on with doing what I wanted to do and have now run several businesses, become capable in several different areas, and have written several books.

So I say again, a dream is just a dress rehearsal and you can learn from mistakes and go on to a good performance. You can do this by imagining climbing the tall tree, and notice feelings and follow any new parts of what happens. Here are some instructions - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

So do some work and change - nobody else can do it for you. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/habits/

Tony

Atiqagul

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2015, 07:25:43 PM »
Dear Tony,
l would like to interpret my dream as I have understood it just yesterday. Actually, the two coconut trees signified the central bank of Pakistan (tall tree) and its subsidiary (short tree). I am a permanent employee of central bank of Pakistan since 2003, which is located in a city other than my hometown. From the last five years, I am on deputation at its subsidiary on my personal request so that I can stay in my native city. Recently, few vacancies were announced at Central Bank of Pakistan so I had applied for one of the posts in order to get promoted to a higher grade. Though I was invited for the interview but was not considered for promotion merely because I was on deputation and not serving the organization to which I originally belong. So my climbing the shorter tree meant working for the subsidiary of the central bank, the taller tree meant Central bank of Pakistan, the slight difference in height meant applying for a higher grade, holding one of its branches meant applying for a post in central bank and falling down soon after holding the branch meant not being considered for the job and lastly, the thought that I should have climbed the taller tree instead of taking a shortcut was actually an indication to return back to where I belong i.e. the central bank of Pakistan if I really want to get promoted.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2015, 08:24:20 AM »
Atiqagul - That is very good. How did you arrive at the interpretation?

I wonder whether it was by thinking about it. If it was, and I feel it was, it is still good, but you cannot get to the heart of the dream nor of yourself by thought alone. The reason I say that is because your interpretation only deals with you own worldly ambitions, and dreams arise from our whole being and so include our ambitions and also our inner nature.

Anyway you are on your way - so good luck.

Tony

Atiqagul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 05:57:57 AM »
Dear Tony,
you are very right in saying that I should not arrive at conclusions based on my own assumptions. Now I have to make a very important decision of my life and that is whether I should go back to State Bank of Pakistan. The dream has an indication still, it is a sensitive matter a little wrong estimation could ruin my whole career.
please guide me how to proceed?
thanks & regards,
Atiqa Gul.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 09:01:40 AM »
Atiqa - I am not suggesting that you disregard the meaning you have arrived at about your career. My thought is that often if we delve deeper into our dream other qualities appear that add to or slightly alter our surface conclusions.

So you could try using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

Also the Coconut Palm Tree is called the ‘Tree of Life’, ‘The tree from heaven which gives all that you desire’ by those living in coastal areas is As a thanksgiving to God and a symbolic gesture, for the path to Self Realization which you tend to forget in the midst of the stress and strain of day to day living.

Tony