Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: repeating dream  (Read 3972 times)

mjane

• View Profile
repeating dream
« on: June 17, 2015, 04:28:46 PM »
Hi, I would appreciate help with a dream I can't figure out.
I can't totally remember the beginning of the dream, but I was I think in the central city where I worked and there were some people coming out of a house who were criminals. Then I saw a celebrity who said, "it's always like that." But his face was distorted and he didn't look as pleasant. It's a little sketchy what else I can remember, but I do know it started off with something to be afraid of. At the end of the dream, it was very clear. I at the window in my grandmother's bedroom where spent the summers as a kid. The window is in the back of the house and it is in the country. It is on the second floor over the garage. She doesn't live there anymore in real life. I am hanging a sheet down the window, like a rope. I look down and there are a bunch of people, like just people in my environment who I went to school with, not friends, just people I have seen or know. They say they have to kill me. I ask why, and one girl says, "because you are too busy." They say something like, "That's to bad, that's just the way it is."

I had another dream like this that I was eating dinner with my "family" but they were just people I have seen in life and not my real family I grew up with or anything. I have a sister and a father, and there are other people. The man says, "We have to kill you." And he means cut me in half. He also gives me the impression that he is saying, "Too, bad, that is just the way it is. We just have to do it."

I am confused because I don't know if this is some inner dynamic, or it is really something that is that bad on the outside.

Thank you for any help. It seems important. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: repeating dream
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 10:19:28 AM »
Mjane - Every part of your dream represents your feelings, fears or convictions. So the criminals and people who want to murder you are parts of you. 

This will become understandable as I explain. But I feel something important shaped you while at your grandmother's house. It becomes clear if one takes time to remember the main things you felt or experienced there.

But the statement that you have to die because you are too busy is a clue. What were you busy with - thinking, emotions, studying, facing problems, meeting sexual feelings - whatever it was it cut you off from your real self in some way.

That is where the suggestions that you must die come in. Considering that the people who want to kill you are aspects of you, it suggest that you must die - let go of and stop living your old way of life - so that the old you can live.  We die many times in a normal life in order that we can grow into a new self - as happens when our childhood self dies as our adolescent self develops - and the adolescent dies to make way for an adult self. Dreams see these massive changes as deaths.

Yes, that's the way it is. The flower dies and fades to allow the seeds to form. So do not be afraid of changes emerging strongly. But of course you must be ready to face the death of your old way of life first. That's the way it is, and without it you will be stuck in feelings of not really living what YOU are.

Tony