Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New Poster - Introduction  (Read 6535 times)

Scribbles

• View Profile
New Poster - Introduction
« on: June 26, 2015, 05:35:01 PM »
I am an older woman, Native American Indian, and I often have dreams where I am in the shoes of another, going through the movements, but as them.

I get almost trapped in the dreams and only can pull out when something wakes me (loud sounds) or something in the dream is unsettling. Then the dream begins again later, but each time I see more than I did before.

They are so vivid and true to life and sometimes they haunt me.

Very nice meeting you all.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: New Poster - Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 09:26:14 AM »
Scribbles - It is good meeting you too.

Walking in the moccasins or shoes of another is an old Native American saying. As you know it is that walking in another's shoes you understand what it is like to live their life.

When we sleep we enter a very different world. It is a world without boundaries unless we ourselves erect them. And of course you are locked in a powerful boundary while you are awake - it is the boundary of your body and what limitations it places on you. But in dreams we can pass even beyond time, distance and of course the idea that we are an older woman. For in your essence you are all things.

How do you think the ancients of your people knew and respected the life and animals around them? For in the past, and today, we can experience in the inner world, the world of dreams and visions, being an animal, a tree, another human. In that way the people knew the healing in herbs and trees - the Life of the Creator.

You, as an older woman, should not be haunted by the dreams you have, for they are the first stages of becoming a wise woman and helping your fellows. But to become wise you first have to slowly become a person beyond the limitations of your body, your sex, your people, even beyond your sex as a woman and become much bigger.

It is a path of dreams and visions that is built into you from your people. But of course it is a matter of choosing. For your vivid dreams are initiations.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
Re: New Poster - Introduction
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 01:10:37 PM »
Hi scribbles,
in the past I have had similar experiences in dreams myself, with the added shock of finding out the person whos body or shoes I occupied tell me about the same dream but from there perspective, I have been told this is dream sharing, a kind of spirit walking, where you experience anothers dream,
this may all sound a little crazy, but when you consider what carl jung had to say about the collective consciousness, it is less crazy, I read some words of wisdom from a native american, frank manyhorses,
what most  people see as supernatural, the native americans call natural.
rgds mikey