Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dreams about a past love  (Read 4236 times)

AmiraRosalie

• View Profile
Dreams about a past love
« on: July 05, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
I really hope someone can bring some meaning to me from my dreams. I use to know a person for a few years and I have not seen or spoken to them in a few years also. We had a deep connection but were never together in a relationship and we just left without saying anything at all. My dreams when I knew them were the same as our relationship. Sad, I was chasing them and they would walk away in every scene, or I would be with them then poof there gone. I have had two dreams in the last 6 months, the first one I was having dinner with stranger then I noticed them across the table, it was awkward to both of us that we got introduced and pretended we never met before. I went outside and they followed me, we started talking like old times. The strangers were there family and we hugged, somebody came outside and I panicked and said "I'm going, you don't want them to see me" they said "I don't care who sees us now" it was nice. My other dream I'm sitting in a house then they appear on my bed, looking after my child (which is why we parted ways).  i am stern when I see them, they said there sorry and we had a full conversation about why they were the way they were in our relationship, and that I am past that behaviour,.. I feel they are sorry and honest and they are persistent in wanting to be with me. I am trying to find my spouse to tell them this person is here but I can't find them. Then this old friend begins to follows me in every scene and I just want to walk do my own thing. I leave to open many doors in the house and I find this silly claw toy machine that I have a good laugh at and there they are following me and smiling.... Is there any meaning to this? I know dreams about people can mean what's going on in ones self, and to me I feel/mean what I said in the second dream. When I knew them I had sad dreams of them and now I don't see them we play opposite roles inside the dreams... Why? (Sorry for the spelling)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:44:13 AM by BlueButterfly »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dreams about a past love
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2015, 08:28:19 AM »
BlueButterfly -You wrote, "I know dreams about people can mean what's going on in ones self." But you may not have realised that dream images of people and things are very powerful processes in you. Perhaps they are like when you were small you learnt slowly how to speak and that added a real power and ability to you; without speech you would no longer be the person you are today.

Everything we learn changes us, and learning is not just from school or books but from life, from relationships, from the pains and pleasure of experience, these are the most powerful lessons and learning, These are so powerful they direct the way you relate to everyday life, the decisions you make, the love you long for and the dreams you have. So the people in your dreams represent all that you have taken in from loving them, knowing them and the lessons you learnt. And your dreams are obvious ways you are digesting all of that. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/digest/

You felt the emotions that led to your parting and then the feeling of laughter and smiling as you 'digest' the massive experiences and learning you took in. So your dreams suggest that you are coming to feel different about the past.

But the dream doesn't mean you will relate differently to the person in waking life, it simply means you are easier with it inside you. You would need to test the relationship in reality. Test it if you want to, but go into it with eyes wide open. See http://dreamhawk.com/relationship-sex/beware-of-love/ http://dreamhawk.com/relationship-sex/learning-to-love/

Tony
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:59:33 AM by Tony Crisp »