Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about a dog.  (Read 5206 times)

Dreamchaser

• View Profile
Dream about a dog.
« on: July 06, 2015, 08:05:23 AM »
Hi,
      i had this dream. Unfortunately, I don't remember every detail. I remember in bits and pieces though.
One scene I clearly remember was i was driving a car through a tunnel and took a right turn and I had a puppy dog in my car. After that, the next thing I see was. I was being chased( or maybe the dog, not too sure) by two men in a car when we reached what looked like a factory. I was watching it like the cameraman of a movie. These men come, get down from the car, head straight to a corner and then I see the same dog, fully grown, growling at them and then the dog attacked them. Ferociously, i saw the dog killing one man but I feel the other man was dead too.
That's all I remember, would you please help me interpret it's rightful meaning ?
Thank you
P.s. The dog was a german shepherd
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 08:25:17 PM by Dreamchaser »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about a dog.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 07:57:32 AM »
Dreamchaser - The dream starts with you making your way in situation in which you have a limited view of what is taking place around you. You may have been questioning yourself about the direction you are taking. This led to the emergence of the puppy, a young level of wider awareness - dogs have much keener senses and are often shown in dreams as an intuitive faculty of warning or protection.

The two men suggests that you will meet or have met men who are not to be trusted - so you dog attacks them.

But as this is a dream it can also mean that although you are going in the right direction - the right turn - you may be entertaining ideas that your intuition warns you should kill out.

Tony

Dreamchaser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 08:00:48 PM »
Thank you Tony. Appreciate the response humbly. It gave some insight and i could make something of it.
The dream had stopped there and switched to another one from there. This time I was browsing in a store with a least interested sales person. The shop had shoes and one of the shoes had laces which looked like spider legs. There were pool cue sticks too. Then i see my friends in a parlour like place with mirrors and i remember dancing with my friend's girlfriend and we end up kissing each other. We go out of the place. It looked like America in the 40's. Then two men appear out of a car and try to mug us. We run toward the store and my friends come out and we fight the two men. One pulls out a gun and shoots but I was quick enough to get to him avoiding the shot. An explosion happens and the two men are dead. I had this dream right after the one I mentioned earlier. The common thing between both dreams are two hostile men. would you please help me with this one. Any other connection besides the one I've mentioned? Thank you

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 08:51:43 AM »
DreamChaser - I mistakenly had another go at working on your dream, but it seems to also have something in common with the the attack of the men. So here it is - especially look at the link to dog.

DreamChaser - Driving through the tunnel suggests that you had entered an area of your experience that was new to you or not previously known. You entered it through your own drive to get somewhere, but a tunnel means you cannot get off the road but have to continue to escape.

Because you were experiencing new areas of yourself you became aware of an immature natural impulse - the puppy. But your impulses guided you in the right direction - the right turn.

This led you to realise you were being chased by anxious feelings - the men in the car. The anxiety may be linked with work - the factory. You felt you were cornered, but the feeling produced a mature guarding or survival instinct, the German Shepherd, which got rid of the anxious feelings. So care for the dog - the automatic or instinctual ability to respond and protect. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/dog/

Tony