Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: help  (Read 5589 times)

Fearless

• View Profile
help
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:10:00 PM »
2 years before i did a horrible thing to myself.
I felt my belly a little bit inflated so i started to breath from my chest,hold my stomach in
or hold my breath at some points to not show that i had a fat belly( i was so vain).
That took almost 3 or 4 months and i came in a point i wasn't feeling that well
My head didn't had much oxygen etc.
Then i tried to let go of that stupid idea ,system,whatever, and let my breathing system to
work normaly as it knows. But unfortunately my body had forgeted how to breath right...
Now i have a bad feeling in my stomach and in my chest, i have to take big breaths during the day and when
i m anxious things go much more worse.My quality of life has changed so much. Why i was so stupid, why i did that;
Please, i need your help, i don't know what to do to fix me...

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 10:35:57 AM »
Fearless - Your story is a wonderful example (or in your case awful example) of the power of habits. Once in place they work automatically.

But of course you can change it by creating a new habit by constantly practising the new one. You will need to put as much effort and time into it as you put into creating the awful habit.

Do this by standing and put a hand on your lower abdomen, and as you breathe in endeavour to raise the hand by letting the breath into your belly. As your belly raises your hand, allow it then to continue so it extends upwards raising your chest. Also as you breathe out really breathe out so your abdomen flattens.

Actually it is learning to relax the tension you have created in your diaphragm muscle. It is the muscle that expands the lungs by pushing down into our digestive organs, and so making the abdomen rise the lungs expand.

Keep practising this and notice as you are going about the daily life whether you are using the new method and keep returning to it and you will have a new habit and better health.

Tony

Fearless

• View Profile
Re: help
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 07:10:43 PM »
Thank you so much.
With your response i realise that its something fixable.
I thought it wasn't. I was despaired.
I promise to my self and to you that i ll do my best!
I'm so grateful. Thank you again.