Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about Facial Skin  (Read 4808 times)

sherrie

• View Profile
Dream about Facial Skin
« on: July 20, 2015, 06:14:13 PM »
Hello, this is my first post.   :)

I'm in the process of relocating to another state and starting a new life, so I'm sure this dream has something to do with that, but I was wondering whether anyone had any extra input.  It was so extremely vivid and real:

I was looking at my face in the mirror, and I noticed the skin on my forehead was peeling, as if from sunburn.  As I began peeling it off with my fingers I noticed the edges were blackened as if charred.  It came off in flakes, and the skin underneath was pink and tender.

When I awoke I felt I must go look at my skin, but then I remembered it was a dream.

sailrmc

• View Profile
Re: Dream about Facial Skin
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 09:54:40 PM »
Sherrie,

You are witnessing first hand (in the unconscious mind's special way) the new perspective of yourself resulting from change.  It is a new and fresh start, as you have indicated. In any case, it appears as if you have paid your dues in some way and now are ready for this fresh change.

- So yes, this dream is pretty straight forward (looking at the information that you have shared). Keep in mind that our inner feelings are mirrored in our dreams, and the unconscious mind tells it like it is. You're headed for a new way, a new start, and a fresh perspective of yourself.

Congratulations!
regards,
sailrmc

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about Facial Skin
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 08:21:11 AM »
Sherrie - The situation has been on your mind leading to self examination - looking in the mirror. It has caused some inner difficulty shown by the peeling skin - the difficult thoughts.

But there is a current of change, but do not float in the current but take hold of the events and direct them with your strength. Although first results will seem disappointing, they will turn out well, and an important change needs you attention - peeling off the skin. This leaves you feeling in a new situation that you can handle although you feel as if you are in a place that will take a little time to feel comfortable in. You have shed your old self - skin - and so your new self needs time to mature.

Use your strength to reshape things that would have been difficult while the old you held sway. But first take stock and clear away the debris of the old. As this is done care must be taken to clearly understand the cause of the present need to change. Then when this understanding is employed in action, carefully check the results as they arise.

It is a good time to face difficulties, take journeys or move into new projects. Good fortune attends this.

Tony