Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for more information / citation for 'Australian Aborigine Dream Beliefs'  (Read 10494 times)

danielbyron

• View Profile
Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was any academic citing or any further information on this:
http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/australian-aborigine-dream-beliefs/

Many thanks,
peace,
Daniel

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Daniel - I am away from home at the moment, and so do not have all the books at hand, also I got the information from many different sources. But two excellent scholarly books are Magic, Witchcraft and Curing (American Museum Sourcebooks in Anthropology) by John Middleton - still available. Past and Present: A Study of Aboriginality by Jeremy Beckett and The Papers of the Society of American Indians. There is another one I cannot remember the title of.

Tony

Dakota

• View Profile
Hi Daniel,

There is a very good book, Aboriginal Dreaming, by James Cowan that has a very good introduction to this. Also, many years ago there was a very large 'coffee table' book called The Dreamtime, or something like that that had pictures which truly evoked the power of that way of knowing. I have been searching for a copy of that book for decades, to no avail, but it was a powerful visual tool of understanding. Good luck to you!

Dakota

Dakota

• View Profile
Finally found the 'coffee table book'.

Its "Australian Dreaming, 40,000 years of Aboriginal History" by Jennifer Isaacs. It was recently reprinted. I haven't seen the new version but the original was amazing!