Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Flying, Night, Afterlife  (Read 10915 times)

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Flying, Night, Afterlife
« on: August 03, 2011, 04:13:32 AM »
I have a flying dream about one to two times each year. Each time I flap my arms in order to ascend and once I reach my desired height I am able to glide around freely. In the latest version of this dream I ascended what seemed to be about a quarter mile above the ground. From the sky I saw a skeleton of a large animal walking around.  Even during the ascent I noticed skeleton-like creatures walking.  Anyways, I looked from the large skeleton along the earth and a mansion came into view a relatively short distance off.  The roof and three sides of the structure were transparent glass with the back of the structure made of some solid material. Anyways, I quickly descended and 'swooped through the mansion, and as I got closer I noticed hundreds of spirits(white and transparent) flying around. I seemed to fly through them like fog as well as the building, as though I was a spirit myself. Yet, the spirits didn't leave the building. Maybe they weren't able to or maybe they didn't want to.  I'm not sure.  I wasn't frightened. I was curious, amused.  Also, as I was flying through the building one spirit briefly flew with me facing me.  Again, these spirits were non-threatening and I remember the one that flew with me even appearing to have a smile.  Also, non of the spirits were distinguishable from each other.  I also forgot to mention that all of this was at night (as the title suggest).

The other dream I had goes like this: I was in the gymnasium of the middle school I went to. It seemed I had traveled back in time to have another go at things. It was so overwhelming to me(having a second chance) that I collapsed in tears. It just felt like so much to take in. It was a feeling of tremendous relief and gratefulness. I can't remember the last time I cried like that.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 08:35:34 AM by Aristocrates »

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Re: Flying, Night, Afterlife
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 12:18:11 AM »
I've been looking through Tony's dream dictionary and using his descriptions to find out what my dream may mean.  I think I have an idea.  Tony says this about spirits: " but very often it shows a past memory or experience that still haunts you, perhaps because it has never been fully felt."  In my dream I have a house filled with these spirits.  It seems I am a person who shoves issues into my unconscious.  I can see that.  That's how I typically deal with problems.  That's why I can so easily forget yesterdays events and why my mind is poor at seeing the progression of my life.  Everyday is a new day to me but without being aware of the journey there everyday is empty. 

I think this place I am flying through represents my past.  There's a bright side to this dream.  It reveals to me that I have the power to make peace with my past, although it may prove to be a gradual process. 

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 02:25:52 AM »
Incredible!  I wish this was my dream.

Animals can represent animal or basic instincts...I am thinking fear or aggression...but skeletons are basically harmless..may seem cartoonlike, harmless in comparison.

All the spirits...especially the smiling one...I would say that by doing whatever work you are doing internally (striving to ascend) you are making light of your own and/or others animal instincts.

Clear walls and roof....clear internal self.

Not remembering yesterdays events in reality...maybe you excel at not holding onto fear, regret guilt worry or other negative feelings and are easily able to be in the present.

Aristocrates

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 07:05:20 AM »
Thank you Christine for providing me with your insight.  It gives me a warm feeling that you took the time to do that.  I remember something I learned a year or two ago that I found interesting although you may find it obvious.  It is the origin of Thank You.  Essentially what you are telling someone when you say Thank You is I'm thinking of you.  And for someone to acknowledge they are thinking of you is one of the simplest and most effective forms of gratitude.  

So, because you thought of me I will return the favor by thinking of you "thanking you".
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 07:07:43 AM by Aristocrates »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 10:24:43 AM »
Aristocrates - I agree with Christine about the skeletons, but it does depend on what you associate with them. Try http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-in-your-dream/   to see if you can pinpoint it.

But the spirits you describe in the mansion type place are do not seem to be the old trauma type. I believe that because you have expanded your awareness, by flying high, you are seeing spirits of the dead or even of the living.

And that mansion is worth exploring in the same was as mentioned above. With expanded awareness you have a lot more possibilities than an earthbound person.

You flapped your arms because it feel a new ability, but it is simply matter of saying confidently. "I am gong there!"

You seemed to be doing well. Namaste.

Tony