Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream worthy of a Hollywood scenario  (Read 4666 times)

arcane

• View Profile
Dream worthy of a Hollywood scenario
« on: August 06, 2015, 04:33:51 AM »
So..
First of all I've just become a member of this forum. I saw very very interesting dreams that shocked my life until this far and as I'm quite interested in neuroscience (just graduated from another department though), I have decided to keep a record of all my dreams from now on because the last one I just saw minutes ago affected me deeply. My native is not English so I'd beg your excuses for each and every illogical grammar.
Before jumping into my dream I'd like to say that while registering to this forum, the Key Captcha thing was the most idiotic captcha system I have ever seen. Anyway.
While seeing this dream, I had only one or two hours of sleep but when I woke up, it felt like I had slept for ages. This happens to me most of the time, maybe hundreds of times in my life. Considering I’m only 23 y-o, I’m going to have a lot more of such feelings if I live long.
So in my dream, I was with a close friend of mine, who I don't exactly know. We were at a not-very-crowded nightclub, drinking, chattering and throwing laughters (as it is mostly the same thing thay boys and girls of my age do). We were not inside though, just standing right beside the glass wall of the club but we could easily enjoy the techno music playing inside. I had a beer in my hand, talking to my friend about a funny thing with smiles on my half-drunk face while smoking a cigarette to keep me going.
There was a nice blonde girl behind the glass wall, who was also chattering with a friend of hers. She was quite cute as far as I can remember. I was determined to not to sell myself easily so I treaded carefully not to look at her and keep on chatting with my friend. I realised she kept checking me and tried to draw my attention to look at her, utilizing from extra body language as she talked with her friend. I kept myself on my line and avoided looking at her to try her, try if she is interested enough in me so that I would guarantee myself before making a move to get her in my bed that night.
Then she stood up and walked away. I thought she was gone to try drawing attention of other boys as she couldn't get what she wanted from me. I was confused and suspected if I shouldn't be that bold and at least share a smile with her. "Anyway!" I thought, I had then gotten drunk enough to not care about pretty girls and go back home to get a nice sleep before work.
However then I saw people coming out of the door and could picture her face among them. I realised I was standing on doorway, to be a gentleman I stepped off so that they could pass easily. Nonetheless someone swept an arm while passing away but I didn't look or care. In clubs, you sweep yourself dozens of people, anyway. Then I felt another touch, minutes later another touch and then another. I was obvious this was intentional. I checked my back and saw the girl talking with her friend behind me, her back against me. I knew I was going to make a new girlfriend that night.
As in most dreams, things got weirder compared to reality of life and I felt somebody hug me tight from behind and I knew it was her. I didn't protest because that was a pleasing hug. I turned to see completely another girl was who hugged me with passion, this surprised me enough to check around me, trying to find the other blonde girl. I couldn't find her but didn't also care because I just had a new one. Then I said excuses to my friend, as he was always thoughtful enough to understand whenever I was chasing girls, I started talking to the girl that hugged me. I chatted with her for about a few minutes about things I can't remember, got more and more intimate until we started openly making out. Suddenly she stopped and she said she was tired and was planning to take her leave. Suddenly she took my arm and gently pulled me off the crowd and we started walking, unsure to where. I asked if she lived with her family, she approved, so I had to invite her to my place and warned her not to expect a shiny palace as, in reality, I just moved to a big house to enjoy my living space by myself. I had graduated, had a well-paid job, and had plans for a stable life after all!
Anyway. While walking I realised I hadn't asked her name, she hadn't asked mine, and I wanted to keep it like that as it felt better and adventurous somehow. Because of being drunk I was not able to control my tongue and started asking dumb questions, the worst being her age. She said "30 or 40 but does it matter?" That was the moment when I questioned myself, I was sure she was around my age at the club, and then disgusted myself for a moment, trying bed with a woman that may be 20 years older than me. I felt worse when I looked at her face and saw newly born wrinkles. I was right, she was old. I turned my eyes back on the road. It was the darkest time of night and it was showering outside. Yellow road lights made rain drops more visible. As she continued to talk, I didn't listen to her, being busy thinking about ways to ditch her and go back home. It would be rude, I knew, but no can do.
After a while we arrived at some place that looked like a restaurant. I could not understand why buy we went inside and she was holding my hand, pulling me, making me follow her to the back of the restaurant. We passed through a short pathway that had an arch ceiling above, finally reaching somewhere darker that had very little illumination. I thought she must have a young spirit, impatient enough to not wait until we get home and make out in the first moment we could be alone outside. I saw an iron stairway and as we stepped up, I got suspicious. I thought I might be in danger and she might be some kind of robber. I thought she must have dragged me all the way back in here, it must be a part of the plan, when I saw two guys appearing on top of the stairs. She kept pulling my hand until we joined them. I figured out I had done a big mistake at the club, leaving my friend, following her instead. I thought they'd take all my belongings, maybe even my life. I never feared death all my life, so I was calm enough to play cool with them. One of the guys looked at me and asked the other guy whose back was against us: “Hasn’t he done a big mistake, my friend?” Was he reading my mind?
I thought they might even be cops, plotting me into an arrest but I hadn’t done anything illegal all my life, except at primary school, forging recipes to report to teachers that I was sick mostly when I ditched school, not to fail my classes (we have an education system that allows each student to take sick leaves not more than 20 days per term).
Then the other guy turned towards us, once more I was surprised to see it was a woman, not guy. She gazed at me and said something I can’t remember right now. What she said made me understand they were some kind of social agents, plotting on individuals to drag them into counselling services and give them psychiatric advices. That was a big shock for me. I believe my psychology is healthy enough to get me along without counsellor, but living in large cities is though and everyone is a possible subject of counsellors for a more healthy social structure. This thought came to my mind in my dream, and I didn’t protest them as they were intelligent enough to convince anybody to provide counselling, to make people happier, to create a more stable society.
Later on I found myself asking my friends about this. One of them explained they are social agents, paid by the government to keep the social health high enough. I didn’t know the government cared about that!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream worthy of a Hollywood scenario
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 09:50:28 AM »
Arcane - There is so much to tell you - maybe too much. But first I need to say that dreams are - from my research - arising from our core self, and our core self is the central process of life. Life in its workings is about our personal well being, and that includes our health, mental and physical, our inner growth in all ways and our decay in old age or disease - and a lot more. So your dream is a comment or a mirror of your inner world, a world of many dimensions and abilities. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner and http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

So what you see as normal behaviour with your friends is seen in a different way by you dreams that have an overall view of your life and welfare. Being slightly drunk is shown as way to compensate for your shyness and inability to honestly say what you feel to a female. It is like walking along a mountain with a sheer drop and being drunk. You could land in some serious shit. This is shown in your dream as your feeling that, “Hasn’t he done a big mistake, my friend?” Was he reading my mind?

Yes, he is your mind and has knowledge of you far beyond anything you consciously know about yourself. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/lifes-little-secrets/

But your dream, which has your best interests transforms into a helpful situation - the government agents. In dreams they often represent the rules by which you govern your life, or exterior influences you feel governed or influenced by which you are governed, or the inner forces that govern your health, well being. In each case it would probably be wide influences, not from an individual.

In trying to understand this we may come to see that most of our existence and mind is outside the boundary of our everyday knowing. This has always been realised in most ancient cultures, and many strange and refined techniques were developed to take awareness beyond the boundary of its normal knowing into the land of the ‘unknown’. In this century many people have attempted the same thing using mind expanding drugs or techniques of meditation or altered states of consciousness. So in a way virtually everyone is blind, and we are all learning in some way to become sighted. Remember that you can see less that 1% of the electromagnetic spectrum (light) and hear less than 1% of the acoustic spectrum, meaning we are almost totally blind and deaf.

This difficulty in crossing the boundary of knowing into the unknown is a sort of general blindness most of us suffer. Considering that dreams portray a very different view of life in which this boundary often does not exist, we can say that dreams are a leap beyond our blindness into full supersensual life. In our dreams we can often see the meaning of life experiences we are failing to understand in waking; we can look ahead into what our attitudes and temperament are creating in our life; we can look deep into the workings of our body, and in general extend our senses and awareness beyond any known limits.

So your dream appears to take you from a rather confused state of mind into a realisation that while you do not have mental illness, you definitely need help to make your life more efficient. The government agents are symbols of your own inner wisdom and are going to sort out any difficulties - a great truth about starting to record and explore your dreams. And as a help toward this, please try using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

Tony