Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Dream about my ex  (Read 5423 times)

kodiak

• View Profile
Dream about my ex
« on: August 05, 2011, 06:54:21 PM »
Hello,

Few days ago, I experienced the most realistic dream I ever had in my entire life.
It was very colorful, very detailed, very "real". And what's really weird about it is that, when I woke up, a problem I was living during the last 3 months felt like resolved, and I was ready to move on.

Let me start by stating the problem:

3 months ago, my GF and I broke up in very difficult conditions. I wasn't convinced at all of the break up, and I kept on trying to get her back in every possible way. Until, few days ago I had this dream - I will indicate in parentheses what I think the details in the dreams were making reference too, and I hope you will be able to clarify this whole dream to me.

In the dream, I was aware that I'm going to a certain destination where Rebecka (my ex) would be. (although I didn't see this in my dream, but this is what I was aware of). She was there because of a camp with a scout group (we both are scouts in real life) and when I felt her presence near me, I felt sadness because I couldn't talk to her, although we were very close (location wise). This part was all an assumption, but I didnt actually see it in the dream. Next thing that happened was that I was walking on a road that begins in a farm (I know that because this specific road is one that I actually visited in real life, few weeks ago during a spiritual retreat in a monastery) so I was heading out of the farm sadly, and I was walking when suddenly, a red van passed by me, heading toward the farm (her presumed camp location), in which Rebecka was sitting next to an old, handsome man. I knew it was her, although her face looked more like my first Ex, Sarah, with whom I had a long relationship that was mainly based on sexual feelings that back then I thought were love. She passed by me, looking at me, and I turned for a moment and saw her, and I felt weird because I saw her in Sarah's face, but I knew it was Rebecka. I felt a strong feeling of sadness, and said to myself : I should let her go. And I kept on walking until I crossed a metallic fence that was widely open. Then just after that, I found myself in my room, inside the monastery (not the same room I actually had during my real stay) with my 2 best friends. They were both laying down as if they were sleeping, and I was watching television on a chair. The TV program was weird (it was an election of Miss France but in the form of a game/talk show). While watching, I looked up from my window, to see Rebecka's clean laundry hanging from the 4th floor of a building (that was not there in real life). The balcony was closed with glass, and the laundry line was outside of the glass. I immediately knew that this is Rebecka's laundry, washed by her aunt although i didn't see the aunt and there was no way I could relate this scene to her aunt. Still I saw them hanging there, and I was sure it was Rebecka's laundry because I saw after that her picture on a shirt, that turned out to be her picture cut on a foam board that was hanging along with the laundry. When I saw these, I said to myself: How am I supposed to forget about her, when her picture is following me everywhere. But then I saw Rebecka walking on the same road I was walking on, and this time she was in her real body, dressed in a very relaxed manner, passing by my window, and I knew she was heading towards us. She looked like she was filled with regrets, and was coming to talk to me, but I said to myself I will ignore her. Then she knocked on our door, and that's when I realized that my friends are here. I went and opened the door, saw her but totally ignored her and let her in. She immediately asked my friends to come join her for a game, and she looked at me. In the meantime, I decided to continue the show I was watching, and realized that the chair I was sitting on when I was first watching the show, is now in front of the TV, and I was sitting far from it but I was laying my foot on the arm rest, and I wondered how my friends were able to watch if this chair was blocking the view. It was a rocking chair. My friends asked me to come and join them, so I agreed to join them, and we all went out, and started walking again on the same road towards the farm, with a group of people i didn't recognize, but during the walk, Rebecka was doing her best to talk to me and make me forgive her, but her attitude was clear with her actions not her word. And I kept on ignoring her although I felt a very strong feeling of love towards her, and this is where I woke up from the dream.

Can anyone explain to me what this means?
Many thanks.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Dream about my ex
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 02:48:03 PM »
Kodiak – The whole dream revolves around love and also around your attitude that you were going to ignore Rebecka.

The part where you chose to ignore her set you in conflict with your best feelings. People write to me about why do they dream so often of their ex’s when they broke up ages ago. They cannot see that any love they had is such a precious thing, even if they break up. Dreams treasure love.

So when you felt love for Rebecka you were in contact with the best in you, and that sort of love sets you free. You can love someone without needing to control or possess them. That is real freedom, as hard as it may be to achieve.

Tony

Aristocrates

• View Profile
Re: Dream about my ex
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:40:33 PM »
I also have the recurring dream of my ex's.  Just last night I was passionately kissing a previous girlfriend.  What's strange is that I left her.  

But the person I dated before her, left me, broke my heart.  Afterwards, I obsessed over her.  For years, I would make the occasional desparate phone call or leave an angry message.  I regret those decisions so much.  I was destroying all the good memories we had as well as damaging my self-respect.

I love the advise Tony gives about how we can love someone without the need to control or possess them.  That's how we should love everyone.

Its great to hear that you're ready to move on and won't be making the huge mistakes I did.  
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:43:55 PM by Aristocrates »