Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: caterpillar  (Read 8756 times)

Feli cia

• View Profile
caterpillar
« on: February 14, 2015, 08:07:29 PM »
Hello.   I'm having trouble understanding this dream that my daughter had. Who just very recently moved back in with us.  She just said she had a dream of a big blue caterpillar coming into our house through the front door and asking for my husband......and she screamed cause she's afraid of caterpillars and my husband asked her"why are you screaming"?  "its just a caterpillar".   
that's all she told me but id like to know the meaning, please. 

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: caterpillar
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »

Felicia  :)

There seem to be a lot of fear in your (inner) family as your spider dream showed as well:

http://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=3720.msg8111#msg8111

May I ask how old your daughter is?

Anna :-)

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 09:18:03 PM »

I reckon you read the entries about caterpillar and door?

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/caterpillar/

http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/door/

Did your intuition tell you something when reading through it?
Can you talk openly with your daughter?

Feli cia

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 11:02:49 PM »
Hello Anna, thank you so much.   my daughter is seventeen and just recently moved back in with us from my moms place,  like I mentioned. We had a long midnight chat last night about her future and goals and she also had an argument with her boyfriend.   she was telling me the dream while I was typing and that was all she told me.  Yes I do sense there is fear in her inner being, there are things she told me that cannot be explained. Like for instance ,knocking on walls while asleep, seeing black shadows.....etc.   so thats the reason I wanted her to come back with me.   I hope this helps cause I'm trying to define the meaning, thanks for the links it helped.

- anna -

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 11:12:41 PM »

Thank you for your open sharing. It is of help to know how old your daughter is.
I will leave the interpretation of this dream for Tony, for he is better at this subject than I am.

It will help him too though to have the additional info you gave, so thanks again  :)

« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:19:50 PM by - anna - »

Feli cia

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 11:15:54 PM »
Thanks again Anna, appreciate it.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2015, 08:32:50 AM »
Felicia - I have several times heard a voice talking to me while there is no one there. Sometimes I have seen things like a fox coming into my room through a hole in the wall and there is no fox there and no hole, and many other strange things. But the knocking on the wall and black shadows are all products of the dream process. Dreams all the time create images, people, colours, and in fact anything to tell you things about your/her inner world and life. All these things appear as if outside you, but are your own dream process at work.

So tell your daughter that it is natural to see and hear things will asleep or half asleep, and it is not good to be scared of such things. Please read http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Summing

Also say that she is unconsciously creating scary things, and why doesn't she admit what she is feeling and not saying? Because such things as the knocking and dark shadows are caused by having strong feelings and not admitting or allowing them.

What follows is a guess, but your daughter has been moving toward sexual experience. Of course her original feelings of what a man is were about her father, and she is trying to transform into a full woman who can meet her chosen mate. But such changes of growth can often be held back. Growth is such a tremendous force - remember the growth from a tiny seed to a baby born, and then into her seventeenth year, and if it is held back it creates all sorts of distortions in our inner world. Also such growth/change never ends. So tell her to have courage and open to the wonderful power of growth within her. Of course such growth/change faces her with the new, so she should be ready to transform into a new and splendid young woman.

Tony

Feli cia

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 06:59:12 PM »
Hello tony, how are you. ?
Its been months since my last log in.  Thank you so much for interpreting. Now i understand and conversated with her. And you are so right. As a mother its takes lots of love and patience to understand teens,

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2015, 09:33:33 AM »
Hi Feli cia - I know, and at times I haven't been all that patient with my own five children. But I continue to learn and grow - hopefully.

I am fine. I recently went with Anna to a village I lived in for 26 years. It was wonderful to see old friends and meet new acquaintances, and of course show Anna some favourite footpaths.

Tony