Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Scary Fox Dream  (Read 5513 times)

Crowz

• View Profile
Scary Fox Dream
« on: August 25, 2015, 05:02:38 PM »
I was hoping someone could give me so insight into this dream if you feel so led. I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

Actually, this became a nightmare that I awoke from last night. It's the second dream on the Fox subject. About a month ago, I had a creepy fox dream.

Dream:
I am riding in a car as a passenger. To my right, I see a fox burst from the ground. It is strong, muscular looking and begins running after the car I'm riding in. It is fast and can keep up. I'm glad to be inside the car where it cannot reach me.

Later, I'm in this unrecognizable house. I am in a bedroom. It is time to sleep. My door is wide open. I am afraid to shut the door as I'm a guest and don't want to be rude. But, deep down, I want to shut the door. I awake to see the fox in the bedroom. The fox is advancing to the bed I'm in. I yell over and over again, "Help me! Help me! Help me!" I am yelling so loudly that my voice seems to be giving away, which scares me that no one will hear me and come to my aid. I see two men approaching and that's where the dream ends as I awake from the nightmare.

I don't want to have anymore of these fox dreams.

Arcturian

• View Profile
Re: Scary Fox Dream
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 06:17:55 PM »
Hmm! Sometimes people and animals in dreams are parts of ourselves seen as if outside us, other times they are people in our environment.

A fox is wily, dangerous and cunning. In your car dream, the vehicle is you. The fox was strong and muscular, and appeared suddenly from the ground. In the other dream, it was also just there suddenly in the room.
Is there anyone in your life who you're wary of? A rival or competitor? The dream sounds to me like an enemy suddenly appearing on the scene, someone plotting to 'outfox' you. (Not necessarily in the future, dreams can reflect how we feel about what's happening now).

You wanted to shut the door, but felt awkward as you were a guest. Maybe this is saying that you should think about taking steps to protect yourself against ambushes from this person, but you are reluctant to do so, because it would look rude, you have no right, "it's not my place." But if you don't, then it will indeed cause you upset!
If I had that dream, I would try to identify who the fox might be.
I hope that helps.

Crowz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 07:29:23 PM »
Thanks! That does help. I will keep this in mind. I appreciate it!

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 11:18:42 AM »
Crowz - Nightmares are not to frighten the wits out of you, but are presenting things that need to be dealt with and healed. Understanding the causes of nightmares enable us to deal with them. The things we run from in the nightmare need to be met while we are awake. We can do this by sitting and imagining ourselves back in the dream and facing or meeting what we were frightened of.

Example: ‘I dreamt a THING is marauding around the rather bleak, dark house I am in with a small boy. To avoid it I lock myself in a room with the boy. The THING finds the room and tries to break the door down. I frantically try to hold it closed with my hands and one foot pressed against it, my back against a wall for leverage. It was a terrible struggle and I woke myself by screaming.’ Terry F.

When Terry allowed the sense of fear to arise in him while awake, he felt as he did when a child - the boy in the dream - during the bombing of the Second World War. His sense of insecurity dating from that time had emerged when he left a secure job, and had arisen in the images of the nightmare. Understanding his fears he was able to avoid their usual paralysing influence.

So the fox in your dream is an image that obviously scares the shit out of you as did Terry's dream, but my personal experience of such terror is that dreams do not present us with something we do not have the power to deal with. Read the first part of http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/integration-meeting-oneself/ if you need to find out. It was my own intense experience, so I am not like some advisers who have not met terror and fear of death.

Perhaps start slowly by imagining yourself back in the dream and altering any part of it to find relief. Try using - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/secrets-power-dreaming/

If you manage that you could then try using being the fox http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson and come back with any results.

And remember - whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.

Tony