Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mistaken pregnancy & fake funeral  (Read 5900 times)

Quedeedee

• View Profile
Mistaken pregnancy & fake funeral
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:43:39 AM »
I was at the doctor because I was pregnant and my belly had stopped growing.  I looked to be about 5-6 months pregnant.  My husband was with me and the doctor told me I was not and had not been pregnant, that it was all a mistake.  My belly was big and he could not explain why, but was very sure we had just made a mistake.  My husband & I began to discuss a fake funeral to end the mistaken pregnancy because we felt that our family and friends would not understand the sudden change in information.  There was no sadness or shame, just very logically trying to make an explanation that would be easier for everyone else to understand.  (In real life, we have two grown children.  In the dream, I was not younger, but was my current age.)

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Mistaken pregnancy & fake funeral
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 11:05:52 AM »
Quedeedee – I feel this is about a wrestle between your rational mind – shown as the doctor – and your feelings as a woman and a mother. Of course the doctor couldn’t explain why, he doesn’t deal with feelings.

Your husband is shown as a caring and supportive person.

I am talking about the dream when I say this is a false pregnancy. It occurs because a woman has as strong instinct to give birth – and even if there is no outer conception she can still conceive and give birth to a baby in her dreams – men as well. And if feel that you have wrestled with the idea that you are too old and do not want another child – yet what can you do with your feelings of being a mother? – then that is probably the question in your dream.

The difficulty is that we live outwardly in a society ruled by rational and so called scientific thought, yet all around and within us the world is totally not rational. And that can give rise to feelings of discomfort - shown in your dream as the need for a fake funeral – a pose for the rational mind. That discomfort is everywhere around us in the people we meet. Perhaps it gives rise in you to a feeling that you are not healthy in some way. It is a discomfort created by denying who we are - a wonderful mixture of rational and irrational.

The baby you can have will lead to birth pangs as does any baby. It is the result of allowing the non rational in you to develop a new you, a flowering of your feelings developed in being a mother into a new birth, a forming of a new you. Not by denying your growing belly, but by going through with it in your dreams.

Tony