Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 3 dreams - 1 night  (Read 4829 times)

Dreamtime

• View Profile
3 dreams - 1 night
« on: September 14, 2015, 02:42:47 AM »
Hi Tony! I hope you are well.  :) I had the three dreams below a couple nights ago and I've been exploring them with some success. The first dream seems pretty obvious to me but I'm confused on the meaning of the second and third as well as how these dreams are connected. I would love to hear your insights.  ~DT

I was in an elevator with a man about my age that I don’t know in my waking life but in the dream he was very familiar and felt like a partner to me. There was this military man chasing us and we were trying to escape him. We got out of the elevator and I decided we should take the stairs down in order to confuse him and hopefully get away. He heard us and followed us down the stairs. I was feeling very panicked about what I feared he would do to us if he caught us. I then realized I could go invisible, so I did, and I was concerned for my male friend who would have to face the man alone. I then suddenly realized I had been mistaken. The man lay down on the stairs landing beside my friend sort of between us from where I was invisibly watching.  I had misunderstood him completely. He was acting all tough and macho as a defense against feelings of vulnerability, which he was taught to view as weak. He was a very strong man and had bottled all his natural warmth and compassion to try to fit in and survive within his family and culture. Later he discovered me hiding invisibly there because he touched me and could feel I was there so I reappeared. I realized he was a sort of tough authority but no threat to me.

In the second dream I recall observing a scene in which a man was going prison because he shot someone and then the police staged an arrest where in was shot in the same way – in the solar plexus. I knew that the shooting was somehow fake - like a sort of trick and it wasn’t really happening, but the police were doing it more to teach him some sort of lesson. It looked real only there wasn’t a bloody wound where he was shot but a black hole appeared instead. The shock of the shooting caused him to lose his memory and his identity. I found it strange that he was going to prison for his actions even if he didn’t remember them.

In the third dream there was a massive mother elephant caring for a baby seal. The elephant was keeping the seal safe and warm for the night in a bath of fresh water – sort of held in her arms and protected from the cold winter night outside with her trunk. She had created a cave like space with her body as a shelter for the baby seal and it was a very warm and comfortable place.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: 3 dreams - 1 night
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 09:50:33 AM »
Dreamtime - The dream of the man in prison for shooting someone seems a straight representation in dream language of 'what you sow you will reap'. It suggest that at some time you must have said or done something that hurt someone - dreams often use 'shot in the stomach' to represent things said or done that causes the person to feels as if they have been punched in the stomach - but it doesn't show on the outside, because there is no bullet wound.

The black hole can suggest that you have been imprisoned by your own interiorised hurts or feelings, opening you to your core self - the hole. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/core/

Touching your core self may have left you feeling as if you are losing a sense of who you are. That is a natural process of growth because internally in our deepest self we are not the personality we developed as we grew from childhood - we could have been anything, but where guided and shaped by circumstances. But of course your dream shows a complete loss of you memory and identity because it is suggesting that you - a part of you anyway - will now develop a new way of living and being. See - http://dreamhawk.com/interesting-people/animal-children/#Program and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/autonomous-complex/

The third dream carries the theme further. It shows that you, a creature that lived in water - in your mother's womb - has now starting a new life guarded by the great force of caring Nature - the mother elephant. You are still partly in the waters again - mostly likely because often we have to go back and live the past stages of development again because they didn't work out to well for you the first time around. This time the Great Mother is protecting you against the cold world so you can grow successfully this time. So be patient with yourself as you pass through the stages of growth. Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. (The gospels are all about the inner world we find in our dreams.)

You are on the verge of discovering what many seek.

Tony