Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two Black Bodies  (Read 6312 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Two Black Bodies
« on: September 15, 2015, 10:14:55 AM »
This was an image that almost looked like a statue.  Two black bodies, one facing left, one facing right.  The skin and flesh look like marble. They are each bent over backwards.  Their hands and feet are joined  In the middle of the space their bodies are making is the shape of an egg.  The one on the left might be female.

This feels Jungian.  Maybe the anima and animus.  Possession maybe.

jacquiemayotte

• View Profile
Re: Two Black Bodies
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 11:47:42 AM »
Hi Christine

I am allowing myself to contribute  and I hope you don't mind me doing it.

Does it feel in the dream like contemplating  the natural  and perhaps more ancient side of your natural  male and female  who seems to create and give birth to something  harmonious together (the egg space)  ?  The image has a certain magical feeling to it like an alchemy or statues in a temple .What about allowing the 2 black bodies to move into space? Bringing them to life and exploring  as well what the marble aspect is about? How do you feel that relate to your everyday life?

Hope you don't mind my contribution  ! Jacquie

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 09:47:30 AM »
Christine - This feels like a work of art that you are creating deep within you. It expresses a process of your deep self, a deep process in your body and mind that you only are able to glimpse in your dream state.

I understand it to represent the slow separations of your male and female identity - a long struggle. You are can feel it, for the hands and feet are connected, but you cannot see it for you are both facing outward suggesting both expansion and pulling apart.

They are not alive yet and are largely outside of your awareness, but you might being life to them by imagining yourself first as one then the other and feeling and differences - switching backwards and forwards can often help.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
Jacui and Tony,

Thank you both for your responses.

I read something about a week or so ago that referred to "the body as shadow."  What struck me most in the dream was the sensuality of the marble.  I could see the outline of the muscle in the upper arm and moving my eyes down the arm, the dimple in the skin just above the tip of the elbow.  I wanted to touch both statues.

But they were solidly turned away from each other.   Another phrase "If you can't see me then I can't see you."  Is that what love is?  I will pretend not to see your shadow if you pretend not to see mine?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 09:39:29 AM »
Chris - No - I believe that love is the ability to see the other person whole - and through adult love understand. See http://dreamhawk.com/relationship-sex/ages-of-love-2/

It is only love stuck in the child level that dare not see the whole person.

Tony

Christine

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2015, 11:54:59 AM »
Thanks.  That does make sense.