Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Packing luggage to go on a trip with ex-partner?  (Read 4590 times)

Subbie

• View Profile
Packing luggage to go on a trip with ex-partner?
« on: September 23, 2015, 03:12:45 AM »
Hi everyone. I don't dream of my ex partner much but last night I did. We were in a 2 year relationship and I still have feelings for him. The relationship was very relaxed, we got on very well but both had a bit of a commitment fear. I think his fear of commitment was greater than mine, especially since he had an unemployed adult son with social phobia living with him, and he didn't know what to do with him. While together we went on 3 overseas trips together, all in summer, and had a good time. We broke up 4 months ago and he has been avoiding me ever since.
The dream I had was very short but clear. I was packing both of our suitcases as we were going on a airplane trip together. I was packing lots of winter clothes, as if we were going to a very cold place, for a long time, and I was trying to squeeze as many clothes as possible.

Does anyone know what this dream was all about?
Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Packing luggage to go on a trip with ex-partner?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 10:46:27 AM »
Subbie - You ask does anyone know what this dream means. Well, after years if deep research in the field I have the answer - it is you. You are the only one who really knows all the wonders, pains, hang ups or energy that makes you what you are. The rest of us are trying to understand you and give a response - because your dreams are in fact each dream image holds enormous data, emotional response, and created patterns of behaviour. So in considering the images in your dream you need to remember you are in touch with a full surround databank of fantastic information about you, your past and your possibilities. You can interact with this information by exploring it in the right way. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/dream-interpretation-2/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-dictionary/practical-techniques-for-understanding-your-dreams/

Okay, so my impressions of your dream are - first realise that your ex represents your inner feelings about the past relationship and all the memories needing to be digested and learned from. Remember that because you were together for a while there is no way you can ‘have nothing to do’ with someone you have been intimately involved with. It doesn’t work like that. Most people are often totally unaware of the massive experience they take in during a relationship and how it interacts with them when we love someone. In other words the memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event.

First of all ask yourself what is left in you about your ex - your feelings, what you learned from the relationship, and where you stand with it now.

The dream shows you looking through the things you use in your everyday life that you feel you will needed for the big change planned. I am talking about your feelings, not predictions, when I say you feel as if you do not want to lose the feelings you got when carrying on your journey to a new life, but you do feel you will have the same warmth, and so are preparing for something missing in your life - warmth.

But in fact you are a warm person, and in your feelings you believe you will not have the warmth because a man has gone out if your life. See http://dreamhawk.com/approaches-to-being/questions-2/#Victim

Tony

Subbie

• View Profile
Re: Packing luggage to go on a trip with ex-partner?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 12:10:20 AM »
Hi Tony
I just wanted to thank you for your reply. You are very good at "reading" people, just from their dreams. ☺️ Thank you also for the reminder to look into my self and examine the feelings I have left from that relationship.

Regards,
Subbie