Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: merits of dream incubation  (Read 6301 times)

mikey

• View Profile
merits of dream incubation
« on: August 06, 2011, 01:33:08 PM »
hi,
the other day i felt a little confused as to the goal that my dreams seemed to be pointing out to me,
a lot of the symbolism seems spiritual/religious in nature,i do not consider myself to be either,and prefer to shun anything religious,
i decided to ask for clarity,just before i nodded off to sleep,
the dream i had answers my question.
 i am being led through a labyrinth by a large female,the last section is very narrow and is on a corner turning to the right,felt very constricted,
i stop and say to her,that i would not be able to get through this place without her help,sort of saying a big thanks,
around the corner is a large hall area,i cant see it yet,but i know its there.
i ask the female what is waiting for me ,she replies ,a higher experience of self.
i took this to mean that all the previous experiences of self would pale away into insignificance ,
so there was a wake up feeling of great anticipation,
i found it interesting that she did not say ,an experience of the higher self,but a higher experience of self,which to me took on a different meaning,suggesting that i have had previous experiences ,which are about to be bettered,
the ref to the large female,was taken from an article i read the day before,on goddess archetypes,
i have to be honest and admit,that dream incubation does indeed work,i suppose the phrase ,ask and it shall be given would seem very apt,
as to this idea of the higher self,i have yet to understand exactly what it is,to some it would seem  like god,depending on your point of view,
i remain  open to suggestions.
rgds mikey

mikey

• View Profile
Re: merits of dream incubation
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 05:16:10 PM »
just been reading an article in a dream book,
it was about blind spots,
it said,
blind spots are  revealed through dreams ,when we have put aside conventional attitudes and beliefs towards a given subject,
i now understand that this dream is showing my blind spots,i even unknowingly said what they were,

now saying ,what iff ! ,(have had trouble with accepting a higher self, residing deep within), hopefully this means i can now move forward,the restrictive tunnel did have the overtones of a birth canal.

i am adrift on a gigantic  ocean ,in a tiny little boat!
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 09:29:36 AM »
Mikey - Another step taken and a corner to go around.

We already have an experience of everything, but perhaps we have been born with partial cataracts that make what we see indistinct. But yet as everyone we know has similar partial blindness it seems that what we see - or fail to see - is correct. Then slowly the cataracts clear and the world we already knew is growing and becoming larger and more wonderful.

Whereas before we could not see for any distance, now, as the song says, on a clear day we can see forever!

We are usually trapped in the tiny world of our body and body senses. As our blindness clears we realise we do not exist within boundaries. Yet all this has now been explained by science, but we are trapped by a massive archetype - the paradigm. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/archetype-of-the-paradigm/

You say that you are not religious, but of course you are, and you are locked into it like any religious person, locked into a belief system so powerful you take it to be real.

Tony

mikey

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
thanks tony for the link to,Archetype of the paradigm,
i realise  that my dreams, have been attempting to break me out of my own so called paradigm.
in fact they have ,
i was reminded of a parable in one of richard bach's books,

a tribe of limpets lived on the bottom of a fast flowing river,the only existence they had ever known was clinging hold of the rock, one limpet got curious,asking the elders ,who were the keepers of the knowledge,what would happen if he let go,as he wanted see if there was more,they told him he would be smashed to pieces on the rocks,he ignored this and let go,
sure enough ,he did get bounced around a bit,but eventually the current lifted him clear,

this is my story, still bouncing about a bit.
rgds mikey

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 07:43:51 AM »

That story caught my imagination too when I read it. I had a vivid feeling of only seeing a part of life when there are so many things to know.

Tony