Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: owl dream  (Read 5088 times)

john

• View Profile
owl dream
« on: October 01, 2015, 10:27:48 AM »
I had a dream an owl landed on the back of my neck and refused to get off. I went and sat outside and a mountain lion came up to me and dragged the owl off of my back and ate it. Any ideas?

Christine

• View Profile
Re: owl dream
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 06:38:28 PM »
I recall the expression "the hair on the back of my neck stood up" as happens to animals when they feel threatened.  There is wisdom to be had in you connecting with how you may feel or have felt threatened.

I see the lion as someone or something that is trying to distract you from your own wisdom or intuition.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:06:58 PM by Christine »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: owl dream
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 09:25:29 AM »
John – Christine hit the nail on the head – your own untamed feelings robbed you of the wisdom of your intuition.

This might be because you are not used to, or do not know how to hear your intuitive urges. So it might be worth trying the following:

Sit in a comfortable chair where and when there are no distractions. Then consciously tense your whole body and hold the tension for about 15 seconds. Now slowly, slowly let the tension melt away – and even when the tension has gone, let the feeling of letting it go continue.

The next step is to imagine you are back in your dream – you do not have to get full pictures, the thought will do – and take hold of the owl and hold it in front of you and ask it if it has anything to communicate to you. (Yes of course your dream images can communicate with you, for they are living parts of your own consciousness and have intelligence. Each dream image holds enormous data, emotional response, and created patterns of behaviour. So in considering the owl in your dream you need to remember you are in touch with a full surround databank of fantastic information about you, your past and your possibilities.)

Don’t attempt to think the answer to the question – that is thinking – intuition arises in many different ways other than thought. So watch what feelings arise about the owl, or even images or memories. Simple watch as if you are looking in a pool of water watching to see any things swimming into view. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/using-your-intuition-1/

Tony