Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Boss, Field & Plastic Baskets  (Read 6229 times)

Romanov

• View Profile
Boss, Field & Plastic Baskets
« on: September 27, 2015, 07:59:17 PM »
Hi Tony,

Hope all is great at your end.

In this dream, there is a motorcycle and a colleague mimics my boss and makes fun of him.  There were other details that I have forgotten.  Then I am in a semi-circular room with many windows.  This room reminds me of the style of bungalows that were made in 1960's and 1970's here.  The room seems like a library, or a room full of books at least. The boss, his older brother and a third man with white hair are behind and around a table, right in front of an open window.  I ask them about a disease I have, apparently they read about the disease or its cure in a newspaper.  They are not giving me a straight answer.  All answers seem to be in jest.  The guy with the white hair said, its in Boston Globe.  I turn around and respond equally in jest, that I do LOVE all of you.  And love is somehow in capital letters.  At this moment it crosses my mind, that I hope the man in the middle (my boss) doesn't take it literally.  As I turn around I pick up two plastic baskets: one square and broken from a side and another smaller, circular one, sitting in the square one (a circle within a square).  And I have my actual brown bag with black handles dangling from my right shoulder.

As I leave taking the baskets and the bags with me, the thought crossing one of the brothers is "thank goodness she is taking her baskets with her" and the other one (my boss) thinks,"she is taking her baskets as well!?"   With my things in my hand, I go down a spiral staircase.  The steps are made of pure grey cement, no marble or mosaics. 

The weather outside is very sunny, clear blue skies. There is a feeling that the external staircase leads to a dirt lane in a grown green field probably wheat.  The feeling and the colours of this dream were refreshing.

Your thoughts please.

Best regards
Romanov

« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 08:36:01 PM by Romanov »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Boss, Field & Plastic Baskets
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:05:22 AM »
Romanov - I believe that you dream is about a learning process or even a way of pointing out things to you. The motorbike and the person mimicking the boss are showing that there is an aspect to your character that reflects a young or fun loving nature that doesn't take life too seriously.

Alongside this is a person - you - who has access to a massive experience which you treat lightly - the room of books and the white haired man who depicts an older wisdom.

But the story goes on to say that your inner world, symbolised by the plastic baskets also shows how you do not really see the importance of what you already have. The circle within the square is a mandala - which maybe you know of. So I quote from the entry. "The mandala can be a square garden with round pond in it – square with circle in, etc. It depicts what we have done with our life, what qualities or balance we have achieved through our own effort or self responsibility. It shows whether we have dared meet the darkness and light in our nature and bring balance; whether we have found the courage to have our boundaries of thought and viewpoint split asunder by a greater vision or despair, and what we have done with the pieces of wonder and pain we have found. The mandala often appears as a form of compensation also. In this sense it is a spontaneous attempt at bring order and integration at times when our mental and emotional life may be very shattered and disconnected.

That you saw you great symbols as plastic again might be saying that you are not placing enough value on what you inwardly know, and part of it has been broken. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

Then you go down spiral stairs, suggesting you were in an upper room and arrive at what you have learned from the dream - The weather outside is very sunny, clear blue skies. There is a feeling that the external staircase leads to a dirt lane in a grown green field probably wheat.  The feeling and the colours of this dream were refreshing.

You returned to the natural you in the bright sunlight, the giver of life with the promise of growth - the green.

Tony

Romanov

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:47:01 PM »
Thank you Tony!

It is interesting how a cheerful, happy dream can be followed within a few days by a nightmare.  Before I could absorb the full scale of your interpretation, I have had this nightmare,which includes a dead field (grave yard) and a cemented mandala in the middle of it (among other very depressing symbols).

On another note: Is it possible for the prophetic dreams to lose their meaning/importance/validity within a few days, depending on whatever is happening in reality (in parallel)?

Best regards
Romanov

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 10:51:50 AM »
Romanov - As Anna reminded me today, we cannot live in a physical body without death. The sun, which is source of all our life energy and also the warmth and energy we use in transport, is dying. Nothing exists in the physical world without something giving up its life energy so we can live. That is why we live and eat each day because every thing we eat is the death of other things - it is the rule of Life. It is true in other ways too; if we cannot give of ourselves to other lives we cannot go on living a full life.

Your dream wasn't really a nightmare but a wonderful promise, because in the midst of death is life - mandala - the promise of eternal life. But to reach that life we must be ready to face death - not physical death but by being aware of dying. See http://dreamhawk.com/poems/death-is-the-loss/ - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/big-bang-and-god-are-the-same/ - http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/life-beyond-change-and-pain/

See also http://dreamhawk.com/forums/index.php?topic=4018.0

Tony