Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My Nightmares?!  (Read 5193 times)

Lambiiee

• View Profile
My Nightmares?!
« on: October 06, 2015, 06:12:55 PM »
On October 3rd, I had a dream. And it's very hard to explain. But I'll try my best.

I was in a building with my brother, who is 8, my sister, who is 14, and my grandparents, who take care of us (our guardians).

It was some sort of resort because there was a giant pool outside, to which we went to. They had giant balloons, like inner tubes that look like small boats you could climb on and inside of, that you could buy. My brother and sister each got one. There was a ribbon attached to my brothers, like what they use for just regular balloons, and he was on the balloon. My sister let him float high into the sky, while hiding onto the ribbon. It started to fry and I panicked. She started to pull him down. And he made it before the ribbon broke. His balloon flew away so I was carrying him (I could touch). My sister was floating on top of the water next to us, and she said "that looks like a shark down there." I looked and saw a shadow. Then all of the sudden I was under water. I was trying hard to bring my brother to the surface. I surfaced for a second and told him to swim to my sister. I was terrified. I pushed him forward in an effort to get him to her because he can hardly swim for very long. I blinked and when I opened my eyes, I was surrounded by a dark grey/blue color. And I was trying to breathe. It felt like I couldn't get any air. And I was trying to swim, but I didn't know which direction was up. I was just floating in endlessness, with no air getting into my lungs. I was so scared. I woke up in a pool of sweat. I got to thinking. And I'm not sure if I was drowning, or if I was swallowed up by what ever the shadow was. Either way. I tend to have very many meaningful dreams. But I just don't understand this one. What was happening to me? And why?

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: My Nightmares?!
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 11:17:35 AM »
Lambiiee – I need to explain some things to make understandable what I say about the comments I make ab out your amazing dream.

First whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind.
It is also important to realise that every image, every scary or terrifying thing, is taken place inside you, in your mind, as you sleep. This means that every awful animal, every scary thing or person, is created out of your own fears and must not be seen as outside you as happens in waking awareness. The problem is that we are often scared of or frightened of actually experiencing our emotions and so they confront us in our dreams. Avoiding them or controlling them is like running away from oneself – there is no escape.
There is within us an automatic movement toward readjustment, towards an equilibrium, toward a restoration of the balance of our personality. This automatic adaptation of the organism is one of the main functions of the dream as indeed it is of bodily functions and of the personality as a whole. So nightmares and dreams in general are all an attempt to deal with difficulties that hold you back from achieving a better life. But it is not simply survival that pushes us to meet difficulties that hold us back for one of the most fundamental other urges is to grow. From conception onwards this urge is powerfully manifest. From conception until birth the growing organism increases its weight alone up to 27 million times; an enormous growth spurt. But the Life Process continues to push us to meet other periods of enormous change as we age. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/every-7-years-you-change/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/individuation/

So your dream opens in an environment of safety and contact with your forebears. They are, in our dreams, often expressions of one’s whole inherited past from all ancestors. In some dreams this can be an open door to realising much about the inheritance one received from the past. For like all seeds – and you were a seed planted in the fertile ‘soil’ of your mother’s womb – you are the result of uncountable other seeds going back to the beginnings of life.

The giant pool is not only sharing experiences with other in the same water, being in a pool or with other people around or in it suggests you are sharing a common awareness in some degree. It indicates an opening up of uncharted territories in the unconscious. The depth of the water, and the ability of the person are all factors reflecting one’s feelings concerning the unknown you hold in your depths of sleep.

The pool is also being able to see into the inner world of thoughts, fantasies and feelings; sometimes a sense of unity with living beings – the collective consciousness. See - http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

Because all the people and figures of your dream are made up of your memories and associations and your creative imagination, the brother floating off and your sister pulling him back might suggest that you have at time the urge to float away in a world of fantasy – which fortunately your sister, probably a caring and protective part of you, pulled you out of.

The next part of the dream is what it was all about – because you went under the water, which in a dream meant you were looking into the deeps you hold within you. The human personality – the You that you call yourself, with a name, is only a tiny thing. It is moved and tossed around by all manner of drives, ambitions, emotions, fears, temptations, worries, love and desire with its pains and hopes; it is something we take so seriously and get carried away into awful situations.

When we begin to meet the Hugeness that we are, we often react to it in our dreams or in waking with fear or panic. So we dream of being attacked by aliens or frightening creatures; or being swallowed by a whale or something huge, a tsunami, or even possessed by evil entities. If we realise that they are things we have created through our own fear, we will pass on. But otherwise it will continue to haunt us as something that will get you; or you feel uncertain even lost in facing it! But it is only our small self-image, our ego that reacts because it feels powerless, even though in reality the Hugeness is part of our totality. It is the enormous potential you have within you; it is Life you are frightened of or have been ignoring. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/the-unconscious-2/

You ended by being in images of your core self but because of fear you didn’t fully experience it. But that is normal because are taught over and over that there is only what we can see and sense with our physical body. But we are all the activities that take place that keep us alive and are all unknown to us unless we do as you have done – dive into the deeps of our mind.

Example: Becoming suddenly and violently ill with gastro-enteritis I quickly became unable to move or phone for help. As this was occurring I noticed I had an ‘A’ and a ‘B’ consciousness. The ‘A’ was my normal awareness, and the ‘B’ was external to my body watching. From the ‘B’ self I could see not only my body, but also the house, garden and surrounds. I need only think of a friend or place and immediately I was there and was later able to find confirmation for my observations. In looking at my body, I noticed that the brain was only an end organ, like a condensing plate, upon which memory and awareness played. The mind, I saw, was not in the brain, the brain was in the mind, like a radio in the play of signals. I then observed my daughter come in and discover my condition, I saw her telephone a doctor friend, and saw the doctor also at the same time.

Tony