Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Two distressing dreams after another  (Read 4423 times)

AmiraRosalie

• View Profile
Two distressing dreams after another
« on: October 10, 2015, 04:27:28 PM »
Last night I had two nightmares that I would really like some insite on. The first one is about death, for some reason I hurt a bone in my body and was taken to hospital. During the X-rays they found out I had a tumor in my brain!!! I'm on the hospital bed while the Drs are telling me what they found and I may need surgery and then they tell me I have no chance. The more they are talking about this I look down and I'm naked in front of the Drs. And the more they talk I'm freaking out and I see my body turning old and wasting away. I'm only 27 and I looked 90. And I'm crying and worrying about my children, it felt real. It really made me think about things after I woke. I woke up from that dream in the middle of the night distressed and then I fell asleep only to have another nightmare :-( this time I was on a train with my toddler and my husband. I'm looking out the window and we are passing mountains and I see lots of little tiger cubs. For some reason I thought my son should should get off at the next stop. He is off the train without me! His jumpsuit is unbuttoned and back to front and he is looking like a Tarzan boy clothing wise and I'm distressed that he will catch a cold like that and he is out there alone and with tigers around. He is with a pack of goats and he's minikin them. The train won't stop and I'm begging the driver just stop my sons out there and he saying no. I'm thinking what did I just do? needless to say last night was very upsetting for me

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Two distressing dreams after another
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 11:42:17 AM »
AmiraRosalie – I cannot be absolutely sure, but I think you are experiencing anxiety – probable caused by the amount of distressing news we hear, read about or see on TV.

But such dreams as yours are not about the outer world of your body but of your inner world which many people do not really understand – yet is very important. In your inner world you are the creator. You are doing it right now – creating an inner world. For instance, what do you believe, fear, hope for or are driven toward? We are all the time creating an inner world, it is the world of our mind, emotions, fears, personal likes and dislikes, our personal sexual behaviour and our habits. We tend often to be unaware of the tremendous power of our inner world and simply think of it as ‘Me’ without recognising that we are creating it all the time – through the power of it we create and live either a heaven or hell.

So your dream is saying that you are in healing situation because you have injured/hurt one of your supports in life – the bone. Also it points out that you have a dangerous mental growth - the tumour – which in dream language suggests you are misusing your creative ability by worrying about death and ageing. Such worries occur because we are bombarded with information that we are our body, and of our body is killed we are finished. We are also told that nobody has ever come back from the dead so we are afraid it is the end of us. But that is rubbish, because through the ages in in today’s world hundreds of thousands have come and told us and reported what it is like to live after our body is finished. But the so called experts tell is that these people ‘dream up’ fantasies because the brain malfunctions. Again rubbish because the reports of those who come back all have great similarities, and many have been recorded as brain dead sometimes for days. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/there-is-a-huge-change-happening/ and http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/near-death-experiences

Your dream about your son is yet another anxiety dream, telling you again of your dangerous inner condition of extreme worry. See  http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/eight-step-method-to-manage-intense-emotion/

Example: I was alone in a house and asleep in bed. Something materialised or landed on the foot of the bed. It woke me a little and I felt afraid. I had the feeling it was some sort of entity materialising and coming for me in some way. It moved up the bed a little. I felt paralysed, partly by fear but also as if the ‘thing’ was influencing me. This made me more afraid of it. Then it moved up higher, not on my body but on the bed. I was very afraid and struggling against the paralysing influence. I managed to shout at it - I will destroy you. I will destroy you. As I shouted I pushed at it with my hand. This felt to me as if I were going to will its destruction and use my hand to smash it. I still felt a little uncertain of the outcome but I was very determined to fight it. At this point I woke up or was awakened by my wife. She asked me what I had been dreaming. Apparently I had been pushing her and shouting that I would destroy her. David P. 

David explored his dream in depth and describes his insights as follows – 

I started by considering the recent nightmare of the ‘thing’ at the foot of my bed. Gradually I began to feel tense throughout my body, with difficulty in breathing. The ‘thing’ seemed at first to be a woman’s vagina. There was a little feeling in this but not much. Then it slowly grew in intensity and I realised the ‘thing’ was death. Recently it is obvious from the mirror that my body is going through another period of rapid ageing. The dream was a dramatic representation of my feelings about this. Death was gradually creeping up on me, gradually overwhelming me and I was fighting it. As the session deepened I saw that in my feelings I felt that death had put its finger on me. The touch of death was like a disease though. Once touched the disease was incurable and gradually took over one’s body. I could hardly breathe as I experienced this, and I understood the sort of emotions that might lie beneath asthma attacks. This struggle with death went on for some time. It was not terrible but was felt strongly. I also recognised that my wife Deb, has similar feelings about her ageing, and is communicating to me that her body is dying and unclean, especially her genitals, and this is off-putting. I see that when I shout I ‘I will destroy you!’ in a way it is my fear of being destroyed that is behind the emotion. 

I began to wonder what to do about the situation. The feeling was that death was claiming me. So I wanted to face the truth about death, whatever it was. I wanted to walk right up to it and look it in the face and know whether death meant a final end. If it did I would rather know. As I approached death like this by imaging walking toward the THING, my feelings went through an amazing transformation. All the tension left me. I felt good, positive and with a sense of hope about life and death. I could breathe easily again. This was so surprising and sudden I wondered what had produced it. I needed to be aware of how this change had occurred. So I retraced my steps to look at death and try to understand why it had lost its power of fear. 

At first I saw that my tension and sense of death being or giving a disease was due to a view I had of it. When we look at the world only through our senses, death is obviously a terminal sickness that claims everyone. Someone said on TV the other day - Life is a sexually transmitted disease that produces a 100% mortality. Seen in this way death is the rotting corpse, the skeleton. The path to it is disease or breakdown. But in looking it in the face I saw another view of it. I saw the dead body, the corpse, the skeleton, as a form left behind by the process of life, like shells left on a beach as life continues. When I looked at myself to see what ‘David’ is, I cannot separate myself from the process of life. That process leaves behind shells, bodies, tree trunks, but it goes on creating other forms. I am the process of life.

See http://dreamhawk.com/news/summing-up/#BSS

Tony