Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Swollen gums, tiny teeth, metal object?  (Read 5220 times)

Genny

• View Profile
Swollen gums, tiny teeth, metal object?
« on: October 10, 2015, 06:19:18 PM »
 Good morning.  I've never been on a site like this before, but cannot seem to put my dream out of my mind.  It began with an argument with my husband- he wanted me to go somewhere with him to run errands and I didn't want to go because I didn't feel well.  He didn't seem to believe me and kept pressuring me to go.  I lost my temper and yelled NO!  It was then I realized something was wrong with my mouth.  I walked to the mirror to examine my mouth.  Inside were tiny, crowded yellow teeth and huge swollen gums.  Again, my husband didn't seem to believe me.  After some convincing he got up from the couch ( a place he frequents in waking life) to see.  When he looked in my mouth he stumbled back in shock!  I looked again to see that a piece of metal wire was exposed over my left canine tooth.  Instinctively I began to pull it out, thinking this must be what was causing the Problem.  It came down about two inches and was stuck.  I asked his assistance to pull it out and he refused.  I then thought I better call someone for help before my gums swelled so large that I lost the ability to speak. I woke up before I reached a telephone.  This is weighing heavy on me and I would appreciate any insight. Thank you.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Swollen gums, tiny teeth, metal object?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 08:30:40 AM »
Genny – Your dream has in the centre of it the theme of your husband. It presents your feelings about him, but maybe not your actual waking expression of him as a person who is not really listening to you, is argumentative, expects you to wait on him when he could do for himself the things he asks.

Now I have stressed that these things might be your feelings about him and might not apply to him. Also it is important to realise that often the man dreamt about might be what you hold within you about him. Many people do not realise that they have an inner husband equally as powerful as an external husband. You have taken in millions of bit of memory, lessons learnt, life experiences, along with all the feelings or problems met by loving and living with your husband, and they are what makes you the person you are. This is true even if your husband was never there for you – you still have all the memories of him not being there for you filed under ‘husband’. The memories and experience we gather unconsciously change us and are not lost. It is part of you and is symbolised in dreams as a person or event. Such an inner husband can appear in dreams because you are deeply influenced by what you hold within you.

Again it is a suggestion and only you can find out what is true by imagining being your husband as he appears in your dream – see http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

But your dream goes on about your mouth. It appeared after the argument with your husband and your shout, “NO!” So the mouth problem could be an effect of you not really telling him what you feel but are bottling it up – a bad policy – and it is shown in the dream as swollen gums and yellow teeth.

The rest of the dream is fairly straight forward – you ask for help but only manage to get some of what causes the problem out. So it might help if when you are alone imagining yourself back in the dream shouting, “NO!” and carry on letting what else is there to say – with feeling.

This helps to be clear about what the difficulty is, and then you can say to your actual husband what is troubling you.

Tony

Genny

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 01:43:29 AM »
Tony,

Thank you for expressing the interpretation in a way I can understand.  Again, this is a new journey for me and I'm a little "green" yet. :)

Two things surfaced as I did the exercise of "stepping into" my husband in the dream.  First the word "Litany" flashed in my mind.  Second, I realized (while being him) that I was doing all the talking and the telling and was so busy being the talker that I was intentionally avoiding something in the room or relationship.  When I "looked" down, it was me sitting on the couch - I was no longer my spouse.

Second - the inner husband that you speak of ( a powerful force for sure ) caused an almost physical response of stomach churning.  I was married before to a man who was a (diagnosed) Narcissist.  He was a "taker" vs. "talker" but the feeling is / was the same.  So busy and preoccupied was he with his own reflection - all that was left in the "room" was lost and alone.

Lastly - I tried being the metal object!  This was fascinating!  First I just imagined how it looked.  Lodged in the upper left gum, it was stuck in this dark warm environment.  I asked it who it was (SO out of the box for me!  I'm a scientist by day! )  It replied "I was left behind, forgotten"  When?  I asked "when you were 9" it said.  (I had braces placed at 9 but taken off at 12).  Why are you still there? I asked "Because the doctor forgot me and I'm making you sick.  I'm sorry about this, I very much want to leave so you can be well".

I began to cry after this exercise.  I have been living with an undiagnosed autoimmune disease for ten years and it's not only painful and frustrating physically - intellectually I find it maddening that the one system designed to keep me well, is actually making me sick.

I'm not entirely sure what the sum of all this information is - but I thought I'd share it and again, I'd like to thank you for your response and this site.  You have been given a gift.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 11:54:05 AM »
Dear Genny - Thank you for your excellent feed back - so many people do not realise how helpful it is.

Also that you actually tried 'being the person or thing'. We tend to suggest it to almost everyone, but I believe or feel - because we get so little feed back - that they do no try it, or give up too soon, or feel or believe that it cannot work for them.

As you said, I'm a little "green" yet. Well that you got the results you did tells me a different story - you are a  thinker and feeler - and so have already gone along the way several steps. Also you asked questions of the process which was way ahead of many. So green you may be, but if you carry on using it a whole new world of experience will open to you.

Tony