Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Red Dress  (Read 4761 times)

Christine

• View Profile
Red Dress
« on: October 14, 2015, 12:52:15 PM »
I am flying in the sky and sucked into a prison.  The prison is an open hole in a stone wall or fortress.  It was in Season 1 of the Game of Thrones.  The only way to get out of the prison is to fall off the edge and die at the bottom. 

I walk further into the fortress there is a store.  Sort of a discounted, but high end store with very fine clothing and accessories for women.  A modest, but stunning in color, blood red crimson dress appears in front of me.  It has hand detailed beads sewn into the front in a beautiful pattern of leaves and vines.  I am so attracted to the dress and I can tell it will fit.  However I do not even look at the price tag, as I think I can not afford it, and I walk past it.

Suddenly these tall shroud like figures are all around me.  I come to a stand of hand lotions and bath products.  I see something in Jasmine and Lily of the Valley.  I pick up a small bottle of Lily of the Valley lotion.  In it the oil has separated from the shea butter and I think "this is not what I want."

The Lily of the Valley reminds me of the story that Eve cried tears of the lily of the valley when she was kicked out of the Garden of Eden.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Red Dress
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 12:26:06 PM »
Chris – You start of free and then suddenly you are imprisoned by – my take of it – old attitudes and beliefs about who and what you are. For flying relates to your natural sexual feelings, and passion for Life.

The only way out of the prison is to face death. Remember that whenever we dream its images are not like real life, because a dream is nothing like outer life where things could hurt you, but is an image like on a cinema screen that even if a gun is pointed at you and fired it can do no damage – except if you run in fear; so all the things that scare you are simply your own fears projected onto the screen of your sleeping mind. It is also important to realise that every image, every scary or terrifying thing, is taken place inside you, in your mind, as you sleep.

So death in dreams is not an actual death but an inner world death which is always followed renewal and rebirth. Your woman’s body is a manifestation of such death and renewal. For in their menstruation they experience the death and renewal and the blood of their change should be realised as a sign of being a part of such enormous change.

So imagine throwing yourself of the cliff – jump over the edge and either fly or face the wonder of death and rebirth. See http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/the-archetype-of-rebirth-or-resurrection/ In that way lay release from the prison.

The walls and the feeling of the prison are made of your beliefs and inbuilt – habitual attitudes – which make you a victim or yourself. You spell this out in your dream – “It has hand detailed beads sewn into the front in a beautiful pattern of leaves and vines.  I am so attracted to the dress and I can tell it will fit.  However, I do not even look at the price tag, as I think I cannot afford it, and I walk past it.”

You have taken into you values and beliefs that originated in your outer world but the inner world is completely different and is open to change. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

I am not sure of your associations with the shea oil, so do not have anything worth saying.
But the thing about Eve being kicked out of the Garden is a story made up in the middle ages by men who first didn’t understand that Hebrew was a sign language – i.e. each letter of its alphabet was a word in itself and they were convinced that women were inferior and such. For instance, Adam is not a singular word in Hebrew and so is not about a man called Adam and a woman called Aisha – Adam means all humankind.

Example: Verse 22 goes on to tell us that God having developed the “rib” “Into Aisha (“l’aisha”), restored it to the Adam”-made it a part of him again. That, obviously, will not fit in with the materialistic interpretation of the story.

Verse 23 then goes on to tell us what “the Adam”- (it is. as usual, “the” Adam) - becomes conscious of as he “awakens,” - in possession of his new faculty. The verse makes the Adam speak to himself- (just as in old fables and stories, animals are made to speak). This is what it says (translated quite literally): “And the Adam said: ‘this’ is actually substance of my substance and form of my form. To this he, gave (the name) ‘Aisha,’ because from Aish ‘this’ was taken.

The reader will notice at once on reading that translation, - the curious way in which the word “this” (zoth) appears in each case where the English Version reads “she.” The Hebrew text does not say “she,” “hoa”- it deliberately substitutes the “impersonal” pronoun “this.” That should have been a sufficient indication to any open-minded translator that no bodily “woman” was referred to. Taken from The Unknown God. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/this-shall-be-called-aisha/

In essence Eve is the faculty of thinking independently of instincts – the first appearance of individuals thinking for themselves – not Eve kicked out  - and there was no curse of suffering either. The old male authoritarian view was the translator of the old Genesis.

Tony
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 12:45:13 PM by Tony Crisp »

- anna -

• View Profile
Re: Red Dress
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 12:52:55 PM »

Dear Christine - I feel I like to add something to Tony's comment.

The way I see your dream is that you are at what could be a turning point in your (inner) life; you can either let go of your old beliefs and old ways of relating to yourself by falling of the edge and die at the bottom or return to your old ways of relating to yourself.

This return is symbolised by going into the shop and believing that you cannot afford the dress; which I see as believing that you do not have what it takes to experience passion in the broadest sense possible.

The thing is that you have already experienced what it is like to fly; to allow and experience this passion, and so you HAVE moved beyond your inner obstacles.

What I have perceived as a helpful question at this possible turning point is; "what is in it for me when I choose to feel a victim of my own decision to return to an old way of relating to myself when the new way has opened up already?"

Exploring that question was very insightful!

Anna  :)