Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Magnetic Sole  (Read 6059 times)

lynn836

• View Profile
Magnetic Sole
« on: August 17, 2011, 03:06:03 PM »
I'm with a large group of people in a camp-like situation. I'm helping clean up paper plates and cups from the dining area. There is a woman's purse with magnetic closure that becomes stuck to the sole of my foot. I cannot pull the magnet away so I enlist help. I'm surprised by the voracity of the magnet but not scared or bothered by it. The person helping me remove the magnet expresses suspicion that I was doing something untoward with the purse. I'm not defensive but I'm clear with her that I've done nothing wrong.
I dreamt this the night after ending therapy, in part because I felt that my therapist inserted too much of her own experience and values into my therapy and this felt intrusive. Also, I'm currently amidst multiple transitions: grieving a sister who died suddenly in spring, launching a business, preparing to marry. I'm prone to worry, anxiety and periods of overwhelm, though others are always surprised by this as I'm quite competent in the way that I live my life.
Thanks for any perspective you might provide.

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Magnetic Sole
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 12:12:54 PM »
Lynn – First of all, about your ‘periods of overwhelm’ – having suffered them I found something very helpful  though it takes some effort. I mentioned it to a film star I met and he said it was a lifesaver for him. Also while I was interview on television I was talking to the producer, and she told me that this helped her to deal with a very busy and demanding life.

It is a breathing technique that reaches right into our unconscious and start to reprogram habits that cause depressive feelings. See it at http://dreamhawk.com/body-and-mind/the-slow-breath/

Now your dream – its seems to be about magnetism and attracting something to you. Excuse me if this sounds ridiculous, but your dream could be saying that your soul/sole is attracting something to you.

If this is so I would ask yourself what you have been unconsciously attracted to or is coming into your life.

It seems to be something you feel belongs to someone else – though it is your dream and you own the whole territory. In fact someone or something you asked for help from suggests you are not being honest. So ask yourself whether any of this rings bells for you.

It is probable you that you feel this ability, money, whatever it is, is not yours.

You obviously are a creative person, so own up to having more than you thought.

Tony  :)

lynn836

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 03:55:23 PM »
Tony,
Thanks so much for your response.
I saw the sole/soul aspect as well but completely missed the significance that it was a purse that held the magnet stuck to my foot. The dream reflects my ambivalence regarding potential financial success, I believe. The fact that I woke from the dream feeling hopeful and content is reassuring.
Also, the breathing exercise is helpful. I'm quite good at attending to my breathing when doing yoga but obviously it makes sense to expand this practice.
Thanks again, this was very helpful for me.
Lynn

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 09:31:05 AM »
Thanks for the feedback Lynn.

I work on Intuition a lot, so I am not always certain whether the right button has been pressed.  :)

Tony