Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Native Indian Nightmare Dreams  (Read 4084 times)

DO89

• View Profile
Native Indian Nightmare Dreams
« on: October 24, 2015, 09:05:42 PM »
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting here in this forum.
I keep having reoccurring nightmares about native Indians. I have them once a month and the dreams are different each time. However, this is not me trying to attack or offend any indigenous tribes. I harbor no ill will against them. I am merely trying to understand why I'm having these kind of dreams, when I have no contact or connections whatsoever with the native Indians
The first one I had occurred in my old house that I no longer live in. In the dream, I would wake up each day to see a ribbon or dream catcher wrapped around my back yard tree. When I take them off, they would just get replaced the next morning. I did this  several times, where I kept taking off the ribbon/dream catcher. However the last ribbon/dream catcher that was wrapped around the tree was drenched in blood. I dont remember who or what told me in the dream, but they said that the ribbon symbolized them marking their territory. And the blood symbolized "Death" because they did not appreciate me taking off their ribbons constantly. At that point I woke up from fear and my heart was pounding erratically.
In the other dream, the setting was completely different. I was walking through a small forest as a detour. However, there was a native Indian death/cleansing ritual going on and I passed unaware. However, by the the time I noticed that there was a sacred ritual going on, it was too late for me to go back. A native Indian dressed in red clothing started chasing and yelling at me to leave, as I just have committed a major offense by disturbing their ritual. I remembered that while I was trying to leave the area (I was running) there were also trees marked with similar ribbons from the first dream signifying that no man was allowed to enter the area. While I was running I woke up from fear as well just like the first dream I had.
Like I said I am by no means trying to offend anyone, nor do I claim to know anything about the native Indian culture. I don't think iv even met a native in my entire life.
I don't usually let dreams get to me or bother me, but these reoccurring dreams have been extremely disturbing to me. With that, I am going to start keep a journal and write these dreams down to see if there is a pattern.
Thank you for any replies or interpretation about my dreams.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 09:13:00 PM by DO89 »

Tony Crisp

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Dreamhawk.com
Re: Native Indian Nightmare Dreams
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 08:51:21 AM »
DO 89 – Your inner life of dreams is not limited by the barriers our physical senses are, so in the dimensions of dreams you know the Native American way of life well. See http://dreamhawk.com/news/there-is-a-huge-change-happening/

The native American beliefs said that every living thing was a kin in some way. This is understandable from today's views if we realise that all life developed from single celled creatures. So every plant, every microbe, every tree and animal – including the human animal – all are related to each other in a very real way. To procreate we have to return to single celled creatures again in the slime of our mating.

So your old house represents your development and things you met at that time – difficulties and experiences that left their mark in you during those years you lived there.

The tree from the Native American view is a living being – in your dream it represents your own growth and development, even the family tree. I don’t know if you are female, but if so the ribbon and getting rid of it could mean you are trying to leave being dependent on your mother, and also you have cut ties with your central self, the natural part of you and the dream catcher.

The heart pounding and waking up is the cause of the dream, not the dream images, which are simply a way of ‘waking you up’ to inner difficulties you are facing. See http://dreamhawk.com/inner-life/inner-world/#MakesInner

The death threat might signify a physical difficulty you have, and if you have any signs of such have a physical check. But it can also be about fear of dying. The fear reappeared in the second dream also so it is worth trying to be sure of its cause. So try being the Native American in red clothing by using http://dreamhawk.com/dream-encyclopedia/acting-on-your-dream/#BeingPerson

I sense that you have disturbed a natural process in you and it can have consequences for your health. If I am on the right track you will have other dreams clarifying what you are dealing with.

Tony